Sunday, June 08, 2008

Is it Monday yet?

I have discovered, I'm not superwoman. Maybe I'm just getting old. This has been the most exhausting and emotionally draining CMA Music Fest ever. I didn't blog at 3am this morning while I was munching on room service because I couldn't really think of anything exciting to tell you about. I am behind on work I wanted to get done. Had to make some staffing decisions yesterday that made it easier on my psyche, but tougher on my workload. (I have a mental limit of 2 days in a row of getting my ass chewed, I needed a break.) So today, I plan to spend most of the day editing, cleaning the office, and getting caught up.

I had hoped to throw together a little post-Music Fest soiree at my place for those of you in town this weekend, but... I haven't seen my house since Wednesday, and can't be confident in what kind of state it's in. So let's get together Monday around 10:30 at the Pancake Tree.

If that doesn't work for anyone (most particularly baby Cebastian) please let me know. Delaynie and I will be there!

I get to meet the new Grascal today. I'm sure he's a great fiddler, but the real question is - can he dress like a Grascal? Their bus is parked outside... I really want to climb on board and see what Mayberry's Finest offers up for breakfast.

Will report back later. In the meantime, I've added a photo to the My Favorite Audio Blog Ever. Which, for the record, Jon has absolutely no memory of doing.

I'm back. Met Jeremy. Pleased to report that he's every bit the sharp dressed Grascal. I took a zillion pictures but never saw him smile. Definitely missing the smiling fiddler...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Not sure what just happend.

I wasn't sure it was going to happen so I had to make a doctor appt for Monday AM its at 10am - its in Nashville but I prop wouldn't make it until 11:30-12pm ;(

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! Hope you showed him the other photos too!

Wish I could've joined you guys on Monday...I haven't been to the Tree the past 3 or 4 times I've been to Nashville. :(

Jona said...

i can imagine that your exhausted. I don;t think I could have kept the schedule you have had this week.
Cool to see the new Grascal, but I will sure miss Jimmy :( I saw him in Oslo with Dolly last year, will he continue touring with her? Or maybe Garth will keep him busy? ;) Just some wishful thinking from me...

DaveBrz said...

J, seeing you all around town I can see why. Thank you for the work you and the staff have done this week for us listeners .

Anonymous said...

What happened to XM on AOL?

Producer J. said...

Yes, Jimmy is continuing his tour with Dolly.

AOL Radio discontinued offering XM on May 1st, as a continuation of their business model transition.