Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to Full Service!

Have you been going through XM withdrawl?

XM Radio Resumes Normal Levels of Service
XM Satellite Radio has resumed normal levels of service for customers who experienced outages or significantly degraded service starting yesterday. The problem occurred during the loading of software to a critical component of the satellite broadcast system, which resulted in a temporary loss of signal from one of the company’s satellites. After you turn on your XM radio, please allow five to ten minutes to reacquire the XM signal. XM apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused.


I don't know exactly what all that means, but I do know our rocket scientists were frantically working through the night to make it better. And they did!

Maybe it's just me, but I was highly amused at some of the message board posts from people demanding a refund for the time they couldn't get a full signal. If you're paying the full price subscription of $12.99 a month, that works out to 41.7 cents a day. Service was down or degraded (on some radios only and online was not affected at all) for just over 24 hours.

Now really. Who wants their 50 cents back? Because I've got a stack of quarters if you're that hard up for cash.

I do think a nice side effect is that people are realizing how important XM is in their life!

6 comments:

DaveBrz said...

YES... It was driving me crazy here at work without my music and hockey talk. I was thinking if the outage lasted longer, I would have thought about a refund of sorts based on paying $40.95 per month for the service that I couldn't use.

As for wanting 50 cents back, come sit with me at work and customers are always looking to get any credit they can on the phone bill including customers who want a penny back becuse the tax is a bit off.

Producer J. said...

Are you coming to Fan Fair? I will buy you a coke!

If it had lasted a long time, definitely I can see there being an issue. But people were making demands just a couple hours in!

I was amused. And I could NEVER work in Customer Service. Clearly.

Anonymous said...

I just thought it was something *I* had done...or that I had somehow broken my Inno...and was so relieved it wasn't me. Once I knew what it was, huge relief!

I just listened to a cd I had in my car, that shall remain nameless. :P

Unknown said...

It was just adding to my insanity of a day, so I didn't think anything of it until I sent a txt to whats-her-butt and she was having the same problem. :)

But it does make you realize how much you want it!!!

I got in a little Chris Gaines love while it was down - the one thing I've never heard on XM. ;)

Hey, whats-her-butt - name your CD!

Pam said...

I thought it was some weird interference from the Air Force base I live on LOL I was almost to the point of going to the hubby's office and asking what he did. ROFL. It really was annoying, but thankfully short lived.

Sharon said...

Pays to be on the cheap end for ONCE! I only have the computer version - SOMEDAY I'll get the car and mobile version. So I didn't feel a thing! I would go banana's if I didn't get XM during the day at work!