Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ying in your Ying Yang

I spent time today locked away in the dungeon of Warner Brothers Records, listening to the upcoming Big & Rich CD, after signing away all rights to my first 7 grandchildren if I revealed it's contents.

Ok, so it wasn't like that at all. But I did have to go to the label to listen to the project, because it's a "high security" project and they can't let it out of their sight. And it would be hard to write an episode of ShortCuts without having heard the music. So I had an enormous conference room all to myself, with the music cranked up and my laptop jammin', hammering out a script.

All of that means I'm probably not supposed to tell you anything about the cd. Because I may like my first 7 grandchildren. I will tell you there are some really cool special guests, and a song that literally made me laugh until I was crying. If you're a Big & Rich fan, I've got room for a couple more questions. What have you always wanted to know about them?

Our Fan Fair schedule is almost finalized, and will be online soon. Make sure you let me know if you're coming! Paula... Sharon... Sally... anyone else? Our schedule this year is AMAZING. Jon has secured some really cool content - including the first ever broadcast of the IFCO show! We'll have Fan Club parties from some of the stars we've done the past few years, and at least three that we've never carried before. And we'll be live a couple of hours each day from the Country Music Hall of Fame. How on earth we're going to pull off getting every thing on the air, I don't know. But if we do, it's going to be the coolest week EVER!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The coolest week ever will be when you carry Big Machine's newest artist's FCP next year. :P

Wish I was going to be there!

I'm still in awe that Keith Anderson wrote that one B&R song.

Pam said...

I'll be there for Fan Fair. I have tickets to Trent WIllmon's and Ty England's fan club parties. Can't wait. I'm flying mostly solo this year, which makes me a little nervous LOL But I had to be there for Trent's first ever fan club party.

Anonymous said...

I'll be in for Keith's fan club party on Saturday...any chance that's one of the new ones that you'll be at???

Keith is an great songwriter. He also had some songs he's wrote on Gretchen Wilson's 1st CD, Steve Holy's latest and of course, we can't forget B-E-E-R-R-U-N!

DaveBrz said...

I'll be down there for the week. Only solid plans are to be Kathy Mattea's Blunch and going to see CDJ at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'll have to record the IFCO show to listen to on the plane ride down as Lady Antebellum will be perforing on the show.

Pam said...

LeeLee,

We'll have to hook up on Saturday before or after Keith's party. :D

Producer J. said...

Leelee - we live to make you happy. ;-)

Do you have XM?

I want to crash Trent Willmon's party! Love him! You're not going to be at Rodney's Pam?

Producer J. said...

Oh - one more thing LeeLee - did you know Keith recorded Beer Run for this next CD?

I think we need to have a Producer J's Blogger Party! I wouldn't have any idea when, but I want to see all of you at some point!

Sharon said...

I would love a blogger party! Would love to meet all of you! When on earth would we even meet? 2am at some all night truck stop? LOL - 4am for coffee before J's day starts? How does one 'stock up' on sleep before this thing?

Producer J. said...

Fan Fair is kind of like going to Vegas... you can sleep when you get home!

Anonymous said...

But are there any lions? :P

Pam said...

Actually I"ve never gotten around to joining Rodney's FC and his party is the same day and probably with my luck the same time as Ty Englands.

I would love a Blogger party !!!!

There are still tickets available for Trent's party hehehehehe.

My Motto for Fan Fair : I can sleep when I'm dead

ROFL

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with my sister and a friend, coming in on Tuesday morning and leaving Monday evening. Just got the lanyards today so we're all set to go. No fan club parties this year, but we will be going to Marty's Late Night Jam on Wednesday and will probably be catching his exhibit that afternoon at the Tennessee State Museum.

Hope we'll be able to get together for the traditional Pancake Pantry visit Monday morning after the craziness is behind us.

Can't wait to see what you have scheduled.

Sandi, I thought you were going to be there this year. Sorry to hear that you're not going to make it. Hope to catch up with everyone else at some point.

Paula