Friday, December 14, 2007

Confidentially Speaking

The "crown jewel" in the XM Original Programming is an exclusive music series called "Artist Confidential." Which, just between you and I, cracks me up a little... because it's sort of a hibred of Hwy 16 ShortCuts (superstar artists) and Driver's Ed (live performances.) Only with catering, a huge budget, and marketing support.

At any rate, the show is a big deal, and suddenly, we're on a run of Country shows. The first week of October we had Marty Stuart. My regular readers know I got to help George Taylor Morris with research for the Faith Hill one that aired at the end of October. That was the first one I'd ever worked on, and it was very cool, he put my name in the credits and everything. Always good when the corporate bigwigs hear your name associated with something they hold in high regard.

Next week we air Trace Adkins, which was taped in New York City. One of the rock programming guys, Lou Brutus, hosted this one, which I think is going to make it really interesting. I did not get a chance to listen to this one in advance, so I'm going to have to tune in -- Monday all day long on XMX channel 2. It also airs twice on Highway 16... I think 3pm and 9pm, but don't quote me on that.

The following week we have Diamond Rio doing a Christmas version... and I got to work on this one too, writing the intro and a bunch of the questions. Jon Anthony hosted this one, he did this crazy marathon week the first week of November where we went out to see Garth on Monday, back to Nashville on Tuesday, CMA's on Wednesday, and he flew out Thursday to DC to host A/C and back to Nashville on Friday -- 4 days that week he was on a plane before 7am. It will air all day Christmas Eve on XMX as well as 8am and 4pm ET on Music City Holiday. I listened to this one in the studio today, it will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!

New Year's Eve rocks out with Duran Duran, but the following week... January 7th, it's Trisha Yearwood. Bill Anderson hosted this episode, and any time we've talked to either Trisha or Bill since they've raved about the show. This will also air on Highway 16 in addition to XMX all day.

If you tune in to these shows and like them, let them know that you are glad they're shining the spotlight on the country stars! Programming at xmradio.com.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Which members of Diamond Rio are on the show? Seems like they rarely all show up. Had tickets to see them this past Tuesday here in San Antonio. But the show got cancelled. Not enough tickets sold i guess. I was bummed but felt even worse for the charity the show was supposed to be a fundraiser for :(

Producer J. said...

Believe it or not... we have ALL SIX OF THEM! Had to, it's a live performance.

I don't think we've ever had them all together for an interview ANYWHERE I worked.

Rachel said...

I was at the taping for the Trisha Artist Confidential and it was amazing. Words can not describe how breath taking she is in person. She looked and sounded phenomenal. I can not rave about it enough. And of course Bill Anderson was pretty great himself.

Side Note -- Stumbled across your blog from Planet Garth and got to say, I love it. Have a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

The Trisha AC *rocked*!!! Her and Bill Anderson together are just amazing...can't wait to hear how it turned out! Hope you can post a picture, J.

And hope your party turns out great tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the Trisha Artist Confidential, I was wondering about it the other day. And now that I know, I requested the day off so I can be sure to listen! I'm a bad employee, hee hee hee, or just a die-hard TY fan!

Producer J. said...

I haven't seen photos I don't think. Did they ever turn up on Wire image? They may be available on the common drive, I'll try to remember to look.

Marissa... you get the award for the Fan of the Day. In fact... I think you need to email that to highway 16 at xmradio dot com so we can pass it around. The Big Machine gang would LOVE that.

Anonymous said...

You told me about them, I was never able to find them. :(

Anonymous said...

I listened to the Trace Adkins and that Lou Brutus fella was outstanding. If you say he's a rock guy I believe ya but he sure knows country. Trace really seemed to like him.