Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Early Rizers

I'm a night owl. If you don't believe it, just ask me. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 11pm.... lately it's been after midnight.

Regardless of what time I go to bed, I have to leave my house by 7:15am to take my daughter to school. And I have discovered, that this is a beautiful thing. Even if I stop for a cup of coffee, I'm at the studio by 8:20, which gives me 45 minutes to an hour of solitude before anyone else comes in if I'm on the Row... and about 2 1/2 hours if I'm at the HOF. It's my most productive time of the day.

But my productivity this morning started long before I got to the studio. Laynie's school is 2 minutes from a WalMart. And Walmart, at 7:30 in the morning, is the best WalMart ever is.

So this morning after taking her to school, I went to WM and bought the new Harry Potter movie for Christmas gifts. (And vitimin C stuff.) Then I went to the Post Office and mailed a bunch of packages. There was no one else there, I zipped through the Automated Postal Center, and walked out and thought to myself... "No lines, front door parking -- I love this time of day."

What. The. Hell?

Did I just say I LOVED this time of day? I'm so NOT an early Rizer. I'm married to one. But I'm not one. I'm the night owl. I hate mornings. I do.

And I'm not sick either.

One down side to being wellness challenged is that I skipped a Media Appreciation breakfast... I figured breathing germs over every media person in town wasn't what they had in mind for spreading holiday cheer.

So I missed free food at one of the best restaurants in town.

Ok. Maybe I am sick.

7 comments:

Main said...

You must be very sick to love the early hours of the day, LOL! I know I would be sick if I started appreciating those early hours.

Anonymous said...

I am a night owl too. But I do work nightshift, so it comes natural.
The few times I get up in the morning, and get things done, I really appreciate it too :)
You are not sick;)

Anonymous said...

I don't do well with mornings at all - which isn't helping with these run of 10am Christmas Carol student matinees we're in the middle of - which ALSO doesn't help with the illness as we have 13 kids in the cast that like to constantly... uh, be kids? :)

I thought I'd get better at mornings the older I got - uh, hasn't happened.

Hang in there - YOU ARE NOT SICK!!!!!!!!

Paula said...

I'm definitely not a night owl. I'm usually in bed by 10, 11 at the latest.

You are NOT sick (or getting sick)!

Paula

Anonymous said...

Mornings suck! :) I'm telling you, salsa shots will kill anything that you may or may not have...

Anonymous said...

I used to be a night owl and hated mornings but now I'm the opposite. I'm usually up at around 4ish, get to work by 6 and can relate to your hour or so of solitude J, before everyone else comes in at 7:30.:)
Although... I do like my mornings quiet....can't stand a chatterbox first thing in the morning.;)

Starting on Friday our WalMart will be open 24 hrs. until Christmas...that would be so cool to get some shopping done before work!

Anonymous said...

My day beginns at 4:20am every day and I love it. :-)
Sometimes I can be a night owl too.
So....have a nice day everybody.

Greetings
Cheyenne