Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Good for What Ails Ya

At long last, I have photos from the KC Salsa Shot Experience. One of these people is me... the other is 'Lish.

Big G Salsa is (usually) highly appreciated coast to coast... it's been at Garth functions, Christmas parties, family vacations and even my son's rehearsal dinner. However, in Kansas City, we found a way to make it better.

Peach Schnapps. I can't swear to it, but I think it was Sandi's idea. I'm going to blame her. And I gotta tell ya... it was pretty dang good. A shot of schnapps, a little salsa "juice"... just the thing to warm you up before heading out in the cold. Not much of a buzz, but definitely a kick!

The funny thing about y'all telling me that I needed something spicy to make me feel better is that I actually got just that today. Kyle Cantrell took pity on my pitiful self when he went out for lunch and surprised me with some sort of mexican chicken concoction in a bowl, from Qdoba.

It had a kick all right! It's still kickin' me, LOL. And now, in addition to a red raw burning throat... I have a burning esophogas too! I think tomorrow I'll just try some TheraFlu. Worst tasting stuff on the planet, but it usually works.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I shouldn't have checked the blog before bed...

Now I just want some of that legendary salsa!

(hiding in a corner)

Main said...

Great pic! :D

I hope the "real" medication will make you feel better soon, J.!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have a burning bottom today to go along with the throat and esophagus...Ugh!!;)

I'm just getting over this darn cold. I'm not big on taking alot of those over the counter meds for a cold but I did this time...I could barely function at work without it. I just stay away from the daytime/nighttime stuff since I passed out a few years ago taking that...although I think I was pretty dehydrated at the time.

Anyways J, drink lots, get your Vit.C. and I'd tell you to rest but I know at this time of the year that's impossible. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nice Pic!! Can't imagine that combination being good though...eww!!

Producer J. said...

It really was good Susan, I promise!

They make peach salsa you know... it was kind of like a liquid form of that.

Paula said...

Nice pic...although I'm still waiting for some of that "Famous G Salsa." I missed it at the PG Convention a few years back...and I missed it in KC.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Paula

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun time... miss you guys!

Jennifer said...

So strange that I have not had a drink of alochol in over 10 months. But hey that drink sounds great, it will be on my list post baby :)

Hope your feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I concur:

Salsa shots are quite tasty...

And I miss you all too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting.. And good!
Nice pic of you :)

Anonymous said...

No TheraFlu... Zicam. Good stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Still not sick, I hope...?

Producer J. said...

Doing a little better. I stayed home from work today, which helped just in that I didn't have to talk all day, which helped my voice.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. :)

Anonymous said...

Go to bed before midnight! Take lots of naps! ;-)