Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And yet STILL more Faith

Wow. The CMA issued a statement from the President of the CMA Board of Directors (who also happens to be Brooks & Dunn's manager.)

Statement From Clarence Spalding, President CMA Board Of Directors:
There has been a lot of public discussion about Faith Hill's on-camera reaction during the announcement of the Female Vocalist of the Year Award. Having been there, I can assure you that Faith was in no way being disrespectful of Carrie Underwood or her accomplishments. It was a playful moment caught on camera that has been blown out of proportion and taken out of context. Faith has always shown the utmost respect for Country Music artists and the CMA Awards. This inadvertent moment does not reflect who she is as a performer or a respected member of this community.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...tip-toeing out of lurkerville :)

when I read this statement, I immediately pictured Sandi saying "riiiiiiiiight". Of which I would completely agree.

Not that I profess to knowing all that much about Faith and her sense of humour, but just looking at her body language throughout the clip says to me that she thought she was gonna win and was completely shocked (and pissed) that she didn't.
What was up with her 'cutesy pie looking upward/around routine' anyway??
Someone give her back the pacifier/dummy that she spat.

Lynette from Oz

Pam said...

Actually I couldn't careless what Faith did or if it was a joke or not. What I'm more upset about is Trent Willmon having been let go by Sony !!!

UGH !!! Maybe if they had spent a little bit more time and effort on him he would have made them more money.

Just pisses me off when up and coming artists are let go because they didnt make enough money fast enough.

Okay that's my rant for the day.Back to our regular scheduled blogging.

Producer J. said...

I'm sorry Pammy - I didn't know that! That SUCKS.

Producer J. said...

And welcome Lynette!

Anonymous said...

Heard a different take today, other than the usual "Carrie didn't deserve to win" (which yes, I'm in agreement with, despite her success).

That she wanted her good friend Martina to win it again, so she'd beat Reba's record finally. (Glad she didn't beat the record. :P)