Friday, November 10, 2006

Songs That Grab You

There's some great new music playing on Highway 16 these days.

I still love Kellie Pickler's "Red High Heels." No matter how many times I've heard "Alyssa Lies" I cry. Seriously, crying in traffic today while trying to merge onto I-65 was not cool. The last song that did that to me was "Live Like You Were Dying" but that was probably more because I was dealing with a tumor of unknown origins at the time. I haven't met either Kellie or Jason Michael Carroll, but I'm hoping we get them both in for Driver's Ed.

But the song that I love, Love, LOVE right now is Gary Allan's brand new one - "I Can't Find A Feeling Like That."

You're all I want...
Now all I want

Is that lightning in my veins
Thunder in my chest

All tangled up with you
Trying to catch my breath

I've been chasing that sensation
Halfway 'round the world
Lookin' back
On what we had

I've done it all
And seen it all
But I can't find a feeling like that


What's grabbing you?

6 comments:

Pam said...

I agree with you on Gary Allan's new one. It's already in my Ipod LOL

The song that makes me cry every time I hear it. Including at Fan Fair, I mean tears running down my face, had to sit down in my chair that night at the Coliseum. is Joe Nichols I'll Wait For You. Maybe it has something to do with being an Air Force wife and having done a fair amount of waiting for Jim. Even now I'm tearing up and the darn song isn't even playing.

Love Rodney Atkins new one Watching You.
Trent WIllmon's So Am I
Darryl WOrley's Just Came Back From The War.

Anonymous said...

Innocence--I think it's by Sarah Buxton? LOVE it!! Also like Red High Heels a lot, but it sounds so much like Karyn Rochelle singing (one of the other songwriters) instead of Kellie P. LOL

DaveBrz said...

Nothing really new is catching my ear. I have been listening to Darren Bassette who is a local artist from Massachusetts when I don't have the XM on.

Anonymous said...

I'll Wait For You get's to me too!!
Believe still does it to me also.
Alyssia Lies is another tear jerker..

A friend sent me a song through a web site. It's not country but it's a great song.

It's called Angel written by Beverly Mitchell who is on 7th Heaven. She co-wrote the song about a friend who crossed over.
you can find it on thebeverlymitchel.com

Sharon said...

Music is very powerful isn't it. Songs tend to really affect me - I seem to personalize a lot of the lyrics. Without thinking too hard the ones that grab me -

John Michael Montgomery - The Little Girl

Martina McBride - God's Will

Trace Adkins - Arlington/Stubborn One

Chris Young - Flowers

Anonymous said...

I heard a song that grabbed me yesterday morning on Hwy 16, and have no idea what it was. A new song, male artist. Help. :(