Thursday, November 16, 2006

Morning Ramblings

I'm going to miss US Country when it goes Christmas. I really love the music of the channel, and feel really good about how it sounds.

The episode of New Music Roundup I did at my kitchen table didn't sound so good by the time it went through 3 pieces of equipment to get into our system. LOL. Which I kind of figured was going to be the case. But for a few shining moments I was really happy creating the show, so all is not lost.

I thought Dancing with the Stars was crowning a winner last night, but I haven't heard. I'm rooting for Emmitt. I was in Texas Stadium the day he broke the record and became the NFL's all time leading rusher.

Clear Channel was sold this morning. Radio is about to get very interesting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmitt won. :)

And I *really* hope the sale of Clear Channel makes it much, much better!

Unknown said...

wow - Clear Channel, huh? Here's hoping there are some MAJOR changes across the board...

Okay J, it's time for me to get XM... I've fought it for too long now... we'll talk. :) I'm forseeing the January drive from Massachusetts to Illinois to be a painful one.

I haven't seen a lick of Dancing with the Stars this year, except an occasional peep at the gym tvs - but my mom is thrilled that Emmitt won, so that works for me.

(Please, someone, make the Cratchits stop singing)

Producer J. said...

Another one coming over from the dark side!!

:-) Email me. ProducerJ --at-- aol.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I'm very impressed, Lish. :P

DaveBrz said...

Maybe XM can get out of the contract sooner so that can free up bandwith.

Something I would love to see XM pickup is WSM for the Grand Ole Opry since Sirius dropped them a few months ago.

Anonymous said...

"Something I would love to see XM pickup is WSM for the Grand Ole Opry since Sirius dropped them a few months ago."

Ooh...I'd love to see that as well.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Have you guys ever thought of broadcasting the Bluebird? I know you did those songwriter shows recently, but I can't imagine that Friday/Saturday night Bluebird shows wouldn't be in demand.

And you know how I feel about the Opry. :)

Anonymous said...

"Have you guys ever thought of broadcasting the Bluebird? I know you did those songwriter shows recently, but I can't imagine that Friday/Saturday night Bluebird shows wouldn't be in demand."

What a great idea! That would be an awesome addition!

Off topic...I wish blogger would have some sort of "notification" feature when a new comment has been added. I don't always go back several days to check whether a new comment has popped up.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Agreed on that. I also wish they'd notify people when I update the site.

Of course, then if they did that you'd get bombarded with emails, because I re-upload half a dozen times once I see the site "live" - especially if there's pictures involved and I don't like how it lays out.

In my next life, I'm going to work in print.

Oh wait... I did that in this life. SOB's still owe me money.