Monday, November 13, 2006

State of the Nation

Or the country... as the case may be. Do y'all know how confusing it is to work with channels named "America" and "US Country" ? I have an identity crisis 2 or 3 times a day.

So here's my lesson du jour that it doesn't pay to be the nice guy. I had ordered some production for US Country (XM 17) that was due just before CMA's. The production guys were slammed with some other things, and asked if I could extend the deadline until last Tuesday. I said sure.

So Tuesday came and went, and of course I was in major CMA recovery mode trying to get caught up, and Wednesday... and Thursday... and Friday morning, realizing that my production still wasn't done yet, sent them a nice cheery little "Hey, can I get an ETA on this stuff?"

Well lo and behold, Friday night (after I'd left the studio) the production director emailed me back that it had been done MONDAY - a day early even! It was right there waiting for me... in the America (Channel 10) folder. Umm... no wonder I didn't find it. At least I'm not the only one who's confused.


I wrote, recorded, and edited an episode of New Music Roundup last weekend - at my kitchen table! I love technology. I'm waiting on a broadcast waiver to be able to put the show on the air - then I'll tell you all about it. If I can remember which channel it goes on.

No comments: