Monday, June 11, 2007

Calling All Carrie Underwood Fans!

I've been sorting through my "stuff" lately in an attempt to purge, and I've found some pretty cool things that have just been gathering dust in my den. I would LOVE to see some of this go into the hands of fans who would appreciate it, but quite honestly, I don't have the time to deal with ebay. I wonder if I could have a blog sale?

Anyway - I just had a brilliant idea of how to do something useful with a very cool thing I found.

As you may or may not know... I volunteer as the webmistress for the YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee, which operates a domestic violence shelter in Davidson County. The YW is the benefactor of Martina McBride's celebrity auction which happens during CMA Music Fest. As you may know, Martina's involvement with the issue of domestic violence stems back to the release of her career song 'Independence Day.'

Now check out how cool this all ties in together. I am going to hold a little blogger auction, to give someone the chance to make a donation to our YW. Bids will be accepted until 10pm Central Time on Thursday 6/16. At that time, the high bidder will get to send in a check or money order made out to The YWCA. Upon receipt of the winning bidder's donation, I shall send them my personal copy of Carrie Underwood's debut promo release, featuring "Inside Your Heaven" and "Independence Day" as a thank you.

Let the bidding begin!

The higest bid in the Comments section of THIS post timestamped by 10pm Central on Thursday wins. Donation must be received by 6/23 or opportunity goes to next highest bidder.

12 comments:

Producer J. said...

Checking my timestamp... it should be 9:14pm Central Time.

Who wants to make an opening bid of $5?

Anonymous said...

I've passed the word J.

Put me down for $5

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, this is not a singed copy but a PROMO debut copy right?

Producer J. said...

Correct. It was the copy sent to us radio folks after she won "Idol."

nanna said...

My bid is $10. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

I bid $12

nanna said...

$14

Anonymous said...

I will bid $20.

Producer J. said...

We have a winner!

Teach - I didn't realize you were a Carrie Underwood fan!

Anonymous said...

Got this as a surprise for J.D. He loves Carrie Underwood and watched every episode of American Idol when she was on the show. Also, I just like that it was for such a good cause. Please let me know where to send the check. Thanks, Joyce.

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda surprised at the low turnout for bidding, or do all the Carrie fans already have this?

Sharon said...

I was a little confused by Thursday 6/16 - Thursday was the 14th and Saturday's the 16th.

But either way I didn't read it until this morning (15th).