Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mi Vida Loca

So let's recap my last couple of months, shall we?

I left mid-April to travel half way around the world to see the country my mother was born and raised in and meet the other half of my family.

I came back early May and spent the next 10 days unsuccessfully trying to adjust to life 17 hours opposite what I'd spent the previous 2 weeks living.

Completely gave up on that when I went to Las Vegas to cover the ACM Awards. So it came in handy not sleeping at night.

Was home for a grand total of 33 hours before I gathered my daughter and husband and got on a plane for Kansas City. My oldest son and daughter-in-law graduated from college, and we had a WONDERFUL weekend with them.

Came back to Nashville and prepared for HELL WEEK (aka Fan Fair.) Worked 7 days in a row during which I saw my husband for all of about 3 hours awake.

SOMEWHERE during all of that insanity, I completely lost mine. And I put the house we've lived in for the past 9 1/2 years on the market, and signed a contract to buy this one:



And let me tell you - selling a house is consuming every bit of energy I don't have. I absolutely LOVE the house we're buying - it is perfect for our family. However, I only have until July 31st to sell mine. Which shouldn't have been a problem - we had 2 offers within the first week it was on the market, and have had lots of traffic. However, interest rated spiked and the housing market now stinks.

Deep dark confession of stupidity: I did the unthinkable and signed a contract to buy a house without a contingency to sell mine. So I may very well have wasted my earnest money and the cost of a home inspection as I'm on the verge of loosing every bit of pride in me if I can't make this work.

Which is why I'm telling you what's consumed my life lately. I can use every prayer and good thought y'all can spare. The things that lead us to even be LOOKING for a house, which we thought we wouldn't be doing for another year - at the same time THIS house - the only one in it's model in a subdivision we love came on the market, is too much coincidence. I'm convinced we're meant to be there. Now I just need to find the family that needs mine like we needed it 10 years ago.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations. Hope it all works out for you. We had put a contract on a home once before we had put ours on the market, and the realtor said we could get a "swing loan" if ours didn't sell in time. Whatever that means! Good Luck :)

Anonymous said...

Hope everything works out for you. The new house looks absolutely stunning!

It might be worth looking into at the swing loan Annette mentioned or having another Plan B if there's a delay in selling your house.

Paula

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for ya J. A year from now...you'll be laughing at this!

Okay..maybe not! But I think you'll love the new house.

Pam said...

FIngers crossed for you that everything works out great.

We got an email form the people renting our house in OH, wanting to know if we would sell them the house. Ummmmm we hadn't planned on that for another ten years after all the brats were gone. But we told them to make an offer anyway LOL Still waiting to here back. Then the arguements about where to live when Jim retires will begin. Another house in Beavercreek, OH? North of Nashville? Somewhere else?

Producer J. said...

South of Nashville!

(Much less traffic)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful house!! I hope everything works out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Ouch...I'm so, so sorry. All our brilliant ideas and planning. :( Have faith; it'll work out. It has to--you're not meant to live in one of those houses with funny paint jobs. :)

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it all works out for you.

Unknown said...

It will all work out! Gorgeous house :)

Seems like it's meant to be so hang in there and we'll send some prayers your way...

Anonymous said...

Nice house J! Geez, I hope this all works out for you.:)