Friday, June 22, 2007

Schmooze Fest Du Jour

Yesterday Jason, my intern, had an exciting day. He spent the morning editing an interview for X-Country, the afternoon tempo coding music for Bluegrass Junction, and then went to a Platinum Party for Billy Currington with me.

See how I've set myself up to be the cool one on the team?

So anyway, we get to this little restaurant called Radius 10 which I've never heard of. It was awesome - for a restaurant. Not so condusive to a party, because there's a big curved bar in the middle of it. So most of us had to look through the liquor bottles to see Billy. Gave his hit "Walk a Little Straighter" a whole new twist. And because everyone was gathered around the bar trying to see the star, I never could get even so much as a diet coke.

It was a small crowd, maybe 125-150 people. Storme Warren was in the house, and Larry Holden, from Country Weekly, and Jason got to meet a bunch of my media buddies from CMT.com and CMT Radio. What I didn't tell him that my friend Lindsey, from CMT Radio, is also a Tennessee Titans Cheerleader. Due to the bar being in the way, we didn't get a chance to talk to Billy, so I couldn't dazzle Jason there.

The perk the interns always like about the schmooze fests is the free food. Judging from the looks of Radius 10, I figured the food would be pretty good. There were miniature handburgers on sticks, polish sausage on buns, and some other identified meat. No veggies, no chips, just a meat buffet.

And Jason's a vegetarian.

Ok, so I apparently didn't turn out looking as cool as I thought I would. It was a short party, so we were soon back on the road - and headed for fast food. Better luck next schmooze fest.

No comments: