Monday, June 11, 2007

I survived!

Hell Week is over, and I'm still in one piece. It really wasn't as hard on me as some years - we had extra staff down here, so I spent most of the week in the studio editing instead of running all over town. I did get some time yesterday to wander through the exhibit hall - which I found severly lacking this year - and through the downtown vendors to the Riverfront stage.

Next year we **have** to have a meeting of my blog readers, so if you're planning to come back to fan fair, don't plan on leaving town until Monday afternoon, so we can get together Monday morning and share stories. I got to meet Sharon, saw Sally and Doug, Dave, Paula and her entourage, and wound up stopping traffic on 2nd Ave. to hug Pammy in the middle of the street. I don't know how I missed Leelee - I was at the entrance to Keith Anderson's fan club party handing out XM tote bags and specifically searched the crowd for her. SURELY she was there, right?

Lots of stories and photos still to come, but right now I must go catch up on my music logs for US Country.

3 comments:

DaveBrz said...

J, Thank you to you and the rest the staff there for their great job during Fan Fair.

Anonymous said...

I was there!!! I saw the XM bags being carried around but I didn't see anyone handing them out. :( I wish I would had walked around a little more! I think I was a little overwhelmed by the size of this years party compared to last years at 12th and Porter! We ended up standing in line for over 3 hours for the M and G ...but it was worth it that's for sure! ;)

Pam said...

Hey it was Sunday and I had overdosed on Fan Fair LOL .

Trents party was a blast, great goodie bag and he looked HOT !! We did our best to ignore the presence of a girlfriend. Doesn't he know that the party was OUR fantasy time with him???? Anyway, at one point they asked who had bought the first fan club party ticket, I was a little afraid to raise my hand LOL (the word stalker did come to mind LOL) But I'm really glad I did, I was given the hat that Trent wore on the cover of his first CD !!! Very Cool !! It was great to see Ty England at his party and at just about every booth in the Convention center LOL The AC went out at Lyricks but we had fun anyway.

Chris Gray was supposed to play at Tootsies but when he got there they wouldn't let him play. DOn't know why. But when he left, 3/4 of the bar got up and followed him out !!! He played two songs on the street in front. With all of us singing along and cheering. :D

Got to spend major time with a friend I hadnt seen in two years. Overall it was a blast !!! Can't wait until next year !!!!

Ooooooo almost forgot !!! I got to meet Bobby Labonte!!!!!! Woohoo !!!!!!!