Wednesday, June 06, 2007

If a picture's worth a thousand words -

what is a camera full of pictures worth?

Throughout the day I'm constantly making mental notes to come home and write about. I've done that for years in my various writing gigs around the internet. Mental blogging. And I try whenever possible to take photos to go with my mental ramblings, because, quite honestly, I think it just makes my blogs look better.

So tonight, at the Chely Wright Reading Writing and Rhythm Benefit Concert, my goal was to get as many photos of the XM Logo as possible. Both to send to our corporate folks as well as to spice up our two blogs. I shot the lines that curled down the block waiting to get in holding XM tote bags, I shot people using XM totebags as rain hats, I got every artist I could from assorted angles on stage that included an XM logo. I got 5 of us in our XM t-shirts with Chely backstage, I got banners all over the Wildhorse Saloon, and I got a whole lot of pictures of Keith Anderson, even when he wasn't anywhere near an XM logo, because I really needed the photography practice.

And then, I lost my camera. Somewhere in the Wildhorse Saloon, after the show was over. And somehow, it isn't nearly as fun to blog about Taylor Swift wearing her ACM performance dress or Kelly Pickler's standing ovation or Tanya Tucker needing a teleprompter to sing her biggest hits, when you don't have the photos to go with them.

You know the saying about having "one of those days" ?? I'm having one of those weeks.

And it's only Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooooooooo...... :(

Anonymous said...

Joyce!! Not you're new one??
Oh my!! Hope it turns up!!

Anonymous said...

"....and I got a whole lot of pictures of Keith Anderson, even when he wasn't anywhere near an XM logo, because I really needed the photography practice."

LOL That's the same excuse I use!!!! ;)
Sure hope the camera shows up!!

DaveBrz said...

Joyce,

Any luck in finding the camera last night?

Producer J. said...

Nope. :*(