Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And the Spin is In!

Kenny Chesney Lands at #1 on Country Album Chart, #3 Between Hip Hop Feud on Top 200

Nashville: Sometimes you can only get out of the way - and when Kenny Chesney dropped Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates amidst the biggest beef of the year between hip-hop's Kanye West and 50 Cent, he decided to take the quiet route. Rather than ramp up the vamp, he hit radio, kicked off the fall concert series on “Good Morning America,” stopped by “The View” and performed on “The Late Show with Conan O'Brien.”

“There are some things you can't fight,” Chesney said simply. “And I've never been very good at that sort of thing. I think the music will do the talking for me in the long run - and I know that our albums tend to keep selling week-after-week-after-week…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dizzy from all the spinning.

music said...

Me too!
"Decided to take the quiet route"?
Wasn't it Kenny who opened the door when he said not to count him out... that he had a cd coming out the same day as 50 and Kayne.