Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Let's Start Some Rumors

Allow me to share this completely wild, based in absolutely nothing other than my own desire, suggestion to the CMA that just popped into my head.

Dear CMA Peeps -

So Brooks & Dunn isn't going to host this year's CMA Awards. As of this moment, a host has not been announced, although Brad Paisley is leading the wild speculation up and down Music Row. I'm sure you're already working on a host, but just in case you hadn't thought about it... allow me to just throw this out there for you to consider for your awards show hosting gig currently open for November 7th.

You need:

A superstar. Bigger is better in the world of network tv ratings.

Someone funny. Not Jerry Seinfeld funny, but quick witted like Ronnie, with just a touch of Vince's self-deprecation.

Someone who knows country music. Don't go giving us a random tv star like Dr. Phil or someone. 'Cuz we don't want to watch that for 3 hours.

Someone with an album to promote... maybe... say... one that is being released the day before the awards show.

And you know... if you're looking for another duo to replace Brooks & Dunn... perhaps you could find a host with a spouse who'd fit those qualifications as well.

Just think - you'd only have to change half of the letters on the marquis.

Anxiously awaiting your decision --
Anonymous GarthNutt

P.S. Since the show takes place on the 7th... it might also help to find someone who's lucky number is 7.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me, but it will never happen

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe!! One of the reasons I read your blog: very often you make me smile. Like with this entry :D

Anonymous said...

Very Funny Joyce!!!

BUT not fair to get our hope's salavating!! 8-P

Anonymous said...

Garth would never accept. He hates public speaking.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmnnnn....

G A R T H sounds great to me!!!!

One thing for sure, it would increase ratings. I wish someone would convince him to do it. I wonder if they are trying to persuade him (don't they usually have a host signed by this time?) It would be just like Garth to play coy about it, and then have it announced shortly before it takes place (the man thrives on surprising his fans).
C'mon Producer J, either find out if he's gonna do it, or talk him into it....Pretty Pleeeease!

Producer J. said...

Thanks Main for taking my sillyness for what it is. Sometimes I just open my my brain and share whatever spills out. :-)

I do personally think that Garth would be a fabulous choice... he certainly has the tv experience to be great at it.

And the timing with the promotional blitz of his new album... it's just perfect!

Whether he'd be able to give the time needed to be there for rehearsals would the the deal breaker I think.

I do predict he'll be performing, and that they'll have to announce that in time for him to make the TV spots. I need to check the performers they've announced so far... Reba is the only other superstar I can think of that might not have been announced yet.

Anonymous said...

I would be shocked if Garth DIDN'T perfom on the award show. He said we would see him everywhere and if I had to make a list of where I would expect to see him, the CMA's would be numero uno. It would be the biggest and most targeted audience he could capture during the promotional period.

I am still willing to put money he will be the Halftime Show at the Super Bowl in February. He made a comment at the press conference about being visible until February and then going back to doing nothing. Who promotes a package on TV 3 months after it is released? No one. What is the biggest thing in February? What organization is desperately in need of no controversy after having one of the biggest stars arrested for dog fighting, amongst other public relations blemishes? I think it makes perfect sense.

What say you?

Anonymous said...

Be absolutely delighted if it was Brad, either that or get Vinnie back. I am glad B&D aren't returning - it didn't really work.

Blake Shelton would be a scream, but he's not high profile enough.

Unknown said...

Hi Joyce. Enjoyed this entry. Hope the PTB are listening. LOL! That would be so cool if they did host together, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Love your blog. Keep up the great work!

Producer J. said...

Dave, I've actually heard Brad / Kim rumors too, which I don't think is as likely, but would sure be a lot of fun.

I can think of a whole lot of things I'd rather see Garth do than lip sync three songs at the SuperBowl, but it would be good exposure.

Anonymous said...

That sounds great to me! Garth and Trisha, my dream hosts!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Garth hosting this show would have been amazing! :) Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good choice to me J! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can only remember seeing 2 acts lip-synch at the Halftime Show, those being Shania Twain and Britney Spears.

Countless stars have performed live, including U2, Paul McCartney, Prince, NSYNC, etc.

Anonymous said...

I like your way of thinking J.:)

Brad would be a good choice...but I'd like to see Vince back too.

Anonymous said...

Works for me.

Paula