Monday, September 24, 2007

Movin' On Up !

Literally. Up the street... and Up in the air!

The joke over the summer around my house was that I was moving twice... once when I bought a new house... and again when we moved the XM Nashville operations. One down... one to go.

Here is where our new studios and offices are going to be.


<---- Right there...
<---- and there. 3 and 4 stories up. Studios, Offices, a conference room, a break room, and an incredible view of the city. Currently, I only have one of the above. Studios. We'll have everyone under one roof - I'm going to increase productivity just by not having to truck back and forth every day. I get giddy when I allow myself to think about it.

was over there for the first time last week. Well, the first time in years, lol -- I've actually been up there on the roof at the base of the spire. Right now, our space is an abandoned bar and pizza joint. They tell us we can't keep the bar.

The plan is for us to be in there the first part of 2008. Of course, The Merger should be decided by the end of 2007, so whether any of will still have jobs by the time the studios are done is yet to be decided.

But it's pretty dang exciting to think I could have my own desk high in the sky over Broadway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be nice for you to have some room to breathe. Will the public still be able to look in through a window at whoever is in the studio?

Maybe now you'll be able to get back to booking some artists during Fan Fair.

Assuming this isn't the "big" news for country music fans that you hinted at.

Paula

Producer J. said...

No, it's not. That should come out Wednesday. Much bigger. MUCH.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about your new digs!!! And even more excited about the news on Wednesday!!! :D

Anonymous said...

So, are there any hints...shall we play a guessing game or maybe 20 questions?

Does it involve you directly in any way?

Are we finally going to have a country music talk/variety show return to television?

What time on Wednesday shall I set my alarm to come back and check your blog?

Paula

Producer J. said...

My goodness... you're one of those kids who peeks at her Christmas presents, aren't you? :-P

Does not involve me directly (thank goodness!) or television... and the press release is scheduled to go out around 10am ET.