Monday, September 24, 2007

No Sympathy

I don't care how sad and teary and desperate Jennifer Nettles looks in her new video... it's hard for me to garner up any sympathy for a woman who's crying over her man going back home to his wife.

I've given you my best
Why does does she get the best of you?

Umm... maybe because she had him first. That's the way those things work. He's not yours. You're only borrowing. You have to give him back.

It's too much pain to have to bare
to love a man you have to share

You don't HAVE to share him. You chose to get what you could get. You can't live by those rules you shouldn't be playing the game. So stop whining.

Christian's the one who should be crying in the video. If you only hear the song on the radio you wonder when Jennifer finally went solo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I agree with everything you say.

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard the song was while watching the video. At first I couldn't get passed the way she was crying then I listened to what she was singing about and all I thought was WTH! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought she should just "GET OVER IT"!

Anonymous said...

Like they say, you lay down with dogs, you get fleas!

Anonymous said...

He needs to get out while he can, and find something else...no way she can sustain a career on her own.

Producer J. said...

Au contraire, I think she's going to be huge when she can be marketed as a solo artist. First off, we're desparately lacking female stars right now. And secondly, she's already doing well for HERSELF while she's got the duo thing going.

Notice no one asked "Jennifer who?"

Poor Christian. Love 'em both, but I feel bad for him sometimes.

Anonymous said...

No one said Jennifer who, cause the video is all over the place right now, and it's the only one like that. :P

I just think Sugarland was "Sugarland", and it was as a group that they had/have success. She may be big for a while, but it won't last. She'll be another Gretchen.

Anonymous said...

the first time I see the video of stay. She was crying for real and she knew that she did divorce her latest husbanb. And She wrote a song called stay. But I think kristan should have been crying first not to jennifer nettles.

Anonymous said...

Sice the video it was emotional and the song it takes back to the emotional times i my life that I cannot stand for. And when I hear it that's when I started to cry along in the video while singing it. It was emotional song though.