Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's Duo Night!

On my show tonight (7pm ET on XM 10 America) I've got 2 special guests. Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn is there (thanks to the magic of audio tape, LOL) to talk about his duet with Reba. It's country enough to play on XM 10, and gives me a great chance to cross promote Release Day Rest Stops with Brooks & Dunn - all day Tuesday on Highway 16. That happens in the first hour of the show

Then at 8:30pm ET, Wil Reid of Grandstaff is going to join me on the phone to talk about the upcoming fan cruise they're doing with Jimmy Fortune of the Statler Brothers. I'm also going to get some advice from him on how to go Statler Stalking should I ever make it to Staunton, VA, and we're going to talk about the Statler Brothers going into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. (I've printed out an order form... have not yet ordered a ticket. $125 is a lot of money...but SO worth it... right?)

Back to the cruise... 7 nights sailing the Eastern Carribbean on board the Carnival Valor... leaving out of Miami... hitting the Bahamas... St. Thomas... St. Maarten... private performances and receptions... a great gift for the Statler Brothers fan on your Christmas list! They're booking through October 10th, so not much time left, then they have to start giving back the cabins they have on hold. You can book online through JimmyFortune.com or Grandstaff.net.

Come Sail Away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS -- I really LOVE the duet Ronnie Dunn did with Reba "DOES THE WIND STILL BLOW IN OKLAHOMA". Hope you will play it on XM10 often (I'm a flipper between XM16/10/11/17 LOL on my commutes). It's so good to hear those two do some real traditional country music. Hopefully they will do more in the future. Since Ronnie/Kix can do separate records now, it would be awesome to hear Ronnie do a gospel and/or pure traditional country album -- he sure has the chops for something like that!!!

Looking forward to hearing B&D on "...Rest Stops". Hopefully my co-workers won't mind listening to good ole country music all day at work (finally got pass the firewall to listen yoohoo!!) Was so hoping they would do the "Short Cuts" so we had an hour or so of the boys at one time over the weekend talking about each of the songs. I'm thankful for what we get though!

THANK YOU FOR PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER time and time again!

A Michigan listener.

Anonymous said...

I heard a new song by B&D. Something about Johnny & Waylon? Cool song.

Anonymous said...

I remember it now. 'Johnny Cash Junkie (Buck Owens Freak'). Kind of the continuation of 'Play Something Country'.

Anonymous said...

Good show! It's so cool to hear you on the radio.

I'm going to try to tape Marty Stuart for my sister...just wish I had more space on my XM for recording.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Tell your sister to get her own XM!

Oh wait... you've done that.

Seriously... there's a new episode of American Odyssey every week this month. You won't have the storage space to keep up.