Monday, March 19, 2007

Hi ho, hi ho..

.. it's back to work I go!

I did go to the doc today... I've got myself a nice case of bronchitis, and some good drugs. Yay me. I'm actually feeling better, and went in to work and tackled a bunch of stuff.

First off, I had to put the next episode of Music City Connection in the US Country log. Don Schlitz, Fred Knobloch, and Thom Schuyler (remember Schuyler, Knoblock and Overstreet?) I almost forgot to schedule it... crisis averted. Thursday at 9pm, Saturday at Noon - all times Eastern.

Next I had to do a few finishing touches on the Jack Ingram ShortCuts, which my lovely intern edited over the weekend. This is going to be a really good show, but you'll have to wait for it - Tim McGraw's up first. Jack's episode airs the weekend of 3/30.

Now, ladies... Jack is totally NOT my usual type of guy- for starters, he's blonde - but I don't know... there's something kind of hot about him, don't you think?

The bulk of my day was spent working on new ShortCuts promos - which we desparately needed. I put together scripts and soundbites for three of them - which meant nine different artist soundbites. That's the challenge of those - finding quick, catchy things that the artists said over the course of 45 minutes.

Tonight I've been working on getting photos printed for Delaynie's Tennessee Scrapbook project. I've sorted through boxes and boxes of photos, but somehow have lost our entire trip to Chattanooga. I found a postcard from the aquarium - that's it. Do I have any readers in Chattanooga?

Speaking of Delaynie... we have not talked about the Grease reality show in several weeks, but we watched it FAITHFULLY. It's been so cute for me to watch her - she's all wrapped up in it. And the girl she's been voting for all along (Ashley) is in the top 2, and she tells me if Ashley wins, we just HAVE to go to NYC and see her on Broadway.

*sigh* I've created a monster.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J, glad to hear you got to that appointment and that you're feeling good enough to go back to work. Take it easy and make sure to take those meds the doc gave you.

Um, nope, Jack doesn't do anything for me.

DaveBrz said...

J, glad that you kept the appointment and that your feeling better.

Cant wait to hear the new episode of MCC, having seen that combo before, it should be good.

23 days and counting before I head back to Nashville.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you're finally feeling better. It certainly knocked you for a loop. You've been missed. :)

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say Jack Ingram is hot, but there is something about him. I'm not very familiar with his music but will have to catch the Shortcuts to check him out. I did see him on GAC the other day with Nan King...can't remember what the show was, and I said to myself that I need to check into his music.

I haven't been watching the Grease show. Sooo, was a promise made for a New York trip if Ashley wins?

Paula

Anonymous said...

Ditto on you feeling better.

I'm hoping that there is a good explanation of Jack's song Lips Of An Angel.

So? Did you promise?
I started out watching that show but there was too many things that I was watching on that night. BUT I did tune in this week to see the 4 finalists. What a concept!!

Pam said...

So glad you are feeling better. :D

I agree with Susan, Jack Ingram doesn't do a thing for me.

Never watched the Grease show but did watch Dancing With the Stars last night. Billy Ray was horrid. Joey Fatone was really good. Guess he hsould be after all those years with N'SYNC.

Anonymous said...

I'm about 30 miles out of Chattanooga...great city...love going shopping up there! Glad your feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better :)

Producer J. said...

Leelee! Good to hear from you! I forgot you were that close.

Any chance you have digital photos of the TN Aquarium?

Producer J. said...

I did not promise... I gave her the ole "we'll see." Tickets are like $120 for the main floor. I only paid $85 when we saw Beauty & The Beast.

I have a friend who's been trying to get me to go to NYC with her and her girls to see a couple of shows, but I'm putting off all personal travel until I get the international stop on my world tour nailed down - and paid for!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that I've never been to the Aquarium. Pretty bad I guess since I live so close huh?!? If you think that's bad,I've been down here in GA for 18 years and never been to FL either! Good Lord, I guess I really need to get a life!