Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sickbed Blogging

Y'all should be very, very grateful that I don't videoblog.

So I picked Delaynie up from school Wednesday, came home, and went to bed. And that's pretty much where I've been ever since. Delaynie was sick Thursday with some sort of stomach bug... she was better Friday, and could have gone to school, except that I didn't have the strength to get out of bed to drive her there. Happy four day weekend to Delaynie!

I'm bored silly, and currently missing a city wide Girl Scout event I was really looking forward to going to with Delaynie. Gary's an honorary Girl Scout for today. Lucky for him, this is the weekend he's sleeping up at the church monitoring the junior high youth's overnight escapades, which is turning out to be a much better option than listening to his wife whine all night about how miserable she is.

Remind me later to fill you in on Tim, Faith, & Martina.

Oh. And you'll recall a while back I mentioned how crazy I was for scheduling ShortCuts with all 6 members of Emerson Drive. Well, the show is airing this weekend. Having to write a show for 6 strangers was nothing to complain about compared to what happened that President's Day. Jon Anthony called in sick, one of the Drive guys had to get an emergency tooth pulled, and 3 of the 5 guys who did show up don't speak English as their primary language. It was a crash course in re-writing a show on the fly.

Yours truly wound up hosting the show. To say I was scared witless would be the understatement of the day. 4 years of High School french and I couldn't remember a word of it.

If you're one of those people who watches NASCAR for the wrecks, then tune into Highway 16 ShortCuts tonight at 6pm Eastern. DirecTV channel 814, or free around the world via AOL Radio.

I have a very bad habit of backseat producing when I listen to things on the radio. I am going to take an extra strong dose of cough syrup before it comes on so I'm not tempted to listen and yell at myself.

Sunday Update:

So.Sick.OfBeing.Sick.

Tried to go to church this morning. Not the brightest move. But Delaynie was doing the scripture reading for Girl Scout Sunday. I barely lasted till she was done, then I bolted. Delaynie is all better though. :-)

Another not so bright move. I discovered, that after pumping your body full of every imaginable clairinex, singular, benadryl, theraflu, cough syrup and random antibiotic you can find in your house, it's not wise to give self an albuterol breathing treatment. Apparently, albuterol and something in the above list don't mix. Unless your idea of a good time is making your husband think you're having some sort of a seizure/stroke because you've lost your muscle control, your appendages all tingle, and you no longer have the ability to form complete words. yeah. not a fun 15 minutes there. For him anyway. I don't remember a lot of it.

Perhaps... I might need a doctor. Unfortunately, I'm really mad at mine and swore I wasn't going to go back to him. Ever.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon J! Hope you & your daughter is getting better. Drink lots of tea with lemon & honey. Take care you...

Anonymous said...

What I heard of it was great!!! Really. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I missed the first 5 minutes or so, but thought you did a great job. It didn't sound at all like you were winging it.

I had seen them when they opened for Shania and wasn't terribly impressed with them. Although I liked the one or two singles I had heard at that time, I thought their show was too loud and their singing sounded like just a lot of noise.

I have their most recent CD, courtesy of a friend ;-) and this show made me want to put it in my CD to listen to it again. I'll have to be sure and catch them at Fan Fair and give them another chance.

Hope you're feeling better.

Paula

Unknown said...

The show was awesome!!! Glad I caught it!

Feel better girl. I was over at ISU today - I waved at Redbird Arena for ya. :)

DaveBrz said...

J, Get well soon and take care of yoirself. Would have been a better weekend here if George Strait didnt come dowm with laryngitis. At least they have a rescheduled date already.

Anonymous said...

Do you have one of those walk in, "urgent care" type of clinics there? We have them here, and I go to them all the time--I so don't have a general practitioner. :)

Producer J. said...

we do... although unfortunately, in my neck of the woods I'd be stuck waiting with a zillion sick people who don't speak English and probably don't have insurance... or a green card, for that matter.

Hey. There's a job for you. Waiting room translation.

Gary called and got me a Rx today.

Anonymous said...

J, I hope you're feeling better. Most Doc spend less than 15 min with the patient, what's up with that? Wonder how can they diagnose how we feel right away. Now on another issue. You're area is being invaded by outer space people.."no speak english eh?" I'm sick now.. Take care.

Anonymous said...

You're area is being invaded by outer space people.."no speak english eh?"

I'm *sure* this was meant as a joke. But WOW.

Anonymous said...

LOL! JOKE it is..;)..

Producer J. said...

We call this part of town Tijuana, TN if that indicates how little I'm laughing...