Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Need a Rx for Chocolate

Y'all... I have never ever ever ever EVER been this sick for this long. It's crazy. I had walking pneumonia Delaynie's first Christmas and wasn't down for this long. I've been in bed for days.

Of course what everyone wants to know is "have you been to a doctor?" Ugh. Like I feel like getting dressed and sitting in a waiting room with other sick people. Joy. I did go to something they have here called a "Minute Clinic" on Friday. The doc in a box had 2 very helpful (not!) observations:

1. Are you sure you're not pregnant?

Umm, yeah. And if I am, I've got much bigger problems than any doctor can help me with.

2. Medicine isn't going to work if you don't keep it down.

Genious! Freakin' genious! I paid you how much for that?

Ok, sorry. I know y'all come here for much more exciting info than my medical troubles, but that is what has consumed my life for the past 3 weeks. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I'm actually feeling a bit better, so I may blow it off. I've discovered I can eat bananas. Even Mt. Dew doesn't taste good to me any more.

I do not, however, think it's entirely co-incidental that I started having these medical ailments shortly after giving up chocolate for Lent. And despite having tons of it laying around the house (can you believe my husband actually bought DOUBLE STUFFED CHOCOLATE OREOS yesterday?) I haven't once cheated. But let me tell you, it's the one thing that actually sounds tasty.

What I really don't understand, is why... if I am not eating chocolate... not drinking soda... and basically not keeping any food in my system for the better part of a week... I'm not down to like, 110 lbs?

In between naps today I FINALLY finished writing the Tim McGraw episode of Highway 16 ShortCuts. I've set a new record for how long it took me to do a show, LOL. At any rate, we're gonna give you the XM World Premiere of this cd this coming weekend, before it hits stores the following Tuesday. I really like the CD, lots of really strong material, although it's not a very uptempo collection. A couple of very country sounding songs, including one Faith sings on.

When I sat down with Tim and Faith last week (or was it the week before?) I asked Tim about the little girl's voices at the end of his latest single. I'd heard they were his girls, but there were obviously more than 3 voices. The other two are his producer's (Byron Gallimore) daughters. I heard this song on local radio one day last week and they chop the end off! The cutest part is when the very southernest voice calls out "keep going!" How stupid local radio can be. Yet another reason XM rocks.

Did you get a chance to hear the Tracy Lawrence concert this weekend we aired following the encore of Tracy's episode of ShortCuts? I didn't, but am going to try to catch it tomorrow. It was captured Thursday at the famed South By Southwest music festival in Austin. We also have a Pam Tillis performance that will run soon on either channel 10 or 17. Pam has a new CD out, I'm looking forward to hearing some new stuff from her too!

A few other miscellaneous tidbits that have come in over the past week or so... Trisha is NOT doing a Fan Club party this year... CountryNation reports Trisha is in negotiations to renew her contract with MCA... Lonestar getting dropped by their record label was not much of a surprise... the news that Richie was leaving the group to try a solo career a bit more stunning... I think that's really the end of Lonestar as a band. I hate it for Dean and Keech and Michael, who are always so great to work with.

Ok, now, I'm totally exhuasted. Back to bed I go!

7 comments:

DaveBrz said...

Good to hear that you are feeling a little better but don't blow off that appointment tomorrow.

I wanted to record the Pam Tillis but totally forgot about it.

J.Stephan said...

looks like Lonestar might not be done quite yet. It will be interesting who they get to be the new lead singer.

Producer J. said...

I guess it depends on how you define "done." Technically, Little Texas is not done either, but it's sure not the same as it was in their heyday.

Which leads to an interesting discussion... what makes a band a band? If the lead singer leaves - like Heid in Trick Pony, or Tim in Little Texas or now Richie in Lonestar - is the sound so drastically different that it's not the same band?

Alabama's still recording as Alabama without Mark Herndon on drums, but would they be Alabama without Randy Owen?

I went to the doctor, btw Dave, like a good girl. Got lots of drugs and a bronchitis something or another diagnosis. Apparently I'm going to live.

J.Stephan said...

True. I don't think that will ever actually be Lonestar again unless Richie's solo career flops. I was surprised that the remaining members decided to carry on though. It will only be Lonestar in name though, just like Trick Pony or Little Texas. I understand why they will keep the name probably just for the name recoginition. I do think the other three members are talented but it will really depend on the new lead singer. Josh Gracin would be an interesting fit, and just might work if it worked out like that.

Producer J. said...

I really don't think there's much to the Josh rumor... I think that just is going around because Josh had filled in for Richie once, and Dean mentioned it in the latest press release as a sort of "Lonestar is more than just Richie McDonald" nah-ne-nah-nah boo boo thing.

Of course, I've been wrong before, LOL.

I also find it interesting that Richie wasn't quoted in the press release. Wonder if he's staying with BNA?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're going to live, J. :)

J.Stephan said...

I also found the press release interesting omitting Richie. Made me wonder if maybe the record company offered him a solo deal after dropping Lonestar. Anyways, Lonestar would have had a struggle back up even with Richie so I think this will just make it that much harder.

Glad you are feeling better J!