Monday, March 26, 2007

Livin' In Fast Forward

Looking into the future... I see a little club on Music Row... I see a big superstar... I see a bunch of cover songs... it's someone's birthday... this will be big news tomorrow according to my crystal ball...

Or maybe... someone sent out a press release written in past tense for an event that hasn't happened yet.

----------------------------------
10pm Update:

Ok, now that the event is over, here is part of the press release:

Loading in early for a 6 p.m. downbeat, Chesney and band knocked rehearsals for the upcoming Flip Flop Summer Tour, presented by Cruzan Rum, off early, so they could blow the roof off Music Row's demi-legendary Tin Roof. Like all Keg In The Closet shows, this was no set list, no production, no stress -- just a lot of covers, a few acoustic songs from Be As You Are: Songs from an Old Blue Chair and plenty of fun.

It was? 4 hours before the event started? LOL. I hope the Tin Roof didn't get shut down for crowd control, or Jimmy Buffett didn't show up or something, because that would make them look kinda silly for not including it in their press release! Of course - his publicist must have had a crystal ball too, so she'd have known if there would be a big event.

I had hoped to go, but my hubby didn't get home until almost 5:30 and I knew by the time I got down there I'd never be able to get in. Jon Anthony went, so listen for his report tomorrow morning on Highway 16!

Report now up at countrynation.com. Sounds like it was quite a party!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gather Kenny will be celebrating his 39th birthday on Music Row. Gee, I didn't get an invitation. :p

Paula

Anonymous said...

Edit - Looks like I was invited - http://www.news2wkrn.com/mctv/?author_name=Steph

Paula

Anonymous said...

Should've taken Delaynie with you. :D You know how she feels about Kenny. :P

Producer J. said...

Did I mention it was in a bar?

:-D

Anonymous said...

Slap some make-up on her, she'll get in. LOL

Sharon said...

Delaynie's with the band right? Tell 'em she's with the band - stick her up on stage to sing one song with Kenny - let her watch the rest.

This from a mother who would NEVER do that with her own daughter! lol

Anonymous said...

There's also an article at the Tennessean:

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/
article?AID=/20070327/ENTERTAINMENT01/
703270376/1055/ENTERTAINMENT

Producer J. said...

That's an awesome article!

This party - and the premature press release - was the talk of all my media buddies at Brad's party today.

The funniest thing I heard came from a friend who writes for Country Weekly. Their office are just around the corner from the Tin Roof, and when they saw the crowd lining up midday he called the Tin Roof and asked who was playing.

They were told Bobby Crouton and the Sailors. Needless to say - they didn't fall for that one.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's funny. :P