Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Name that Feature!

Ok my little creative geniouses... we are trying to launch a new feature on Highway 16, and once again I need naming help. (For those who don't know, it was one of my readers who named the Highway 16 Gearjammer!)

Here's the concept of the feature:

On release day (also known as Street Day in our world) we feature a track an hour, every hour on the hour, from an album that's being released that day. There is an intro, audio from the artist, a song, and a close promoting that there's another new track next hour. Street days, for the record, are always Tuesdays, but this is not a feature that will be offered EVERY Tuesday.

Here are the concepts we're currently toying with...

Highway 16 APB -- Highway 16 patrol has an APB out on a hot new album hitting the streets today... tracking down the artist, going to pull them over and we'll hear what they have to say about this new release. Production focused around being in hot pursuit of a hot new album

Highway 16 Brand New Drive Through - conveys that it's brand new music... and a fast feature to get you right back to the music. Production focused on the drive through window experience.

Release Day Rest Stop - It's a big day in Nashville as a hot new CD hits the stores today. Take a few minutes to pull over to the side of the Highway and catch up with the artist on release day. Production has a more laid back, intimate feel.

On the Streets - the new CD is hitting the streets today, and the artist is hitting Highway 16 to tell you all about it...

I'm not gonna tell y'all - yet - which concepts are mine and which one I like best. Let me hear your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions for developing one of the ideas above, or going completely different direction.

None of us are completely sold on any one of the concepts, which is why we need HELP from the XM Nation!

Edit - just had another thought... what about something like "Fast Lane"... going with the whole concept of "getting you to the Hot New Country Music Fast!" theme. Too bad ShortCuts is already taken. LOL

17 comments:

Pam said...

Of those choices I like Highway 16 APB the best. On The Streets is a GAC thing.

Anonymous said...

Pam took the words right out of my mouth about the On the Streets choice. I also liked the APB choice the best and think you can do a lot with that line of thought, although I can't offer any suggestions yet...my creative juices (of which there are not much) are not yet running.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Brand New Drive Through is the best choice.

Producer J. said...

Yeah, well ShortCuts was an XM thing long before GAC put it on the air. Turnabout's fair play. :-P

Anonymous said...

I freaked when I heard GAC use ShortCuts! :o

I like APB, or Fast Lane.

If I think of anything else, I'll be back. :)

Bernie said...

Highway 16 Billboard

Bernie said...

Highway 16 Milepost

Bernie said...

Highway 16 Milepost (although I think you may already use this!)

Bernie said...

Sorry for the duplicate message. :(

Anonymous said...

I like Fast Lane and Rest Stop!! :)

Anonymous said...

Tom Cochrane isn't country, is he? All I can think of is his song "Life is a Highway"--and I keep wondering if you can play off of that. (I know RF tried to remake it, but I think I'll tear my hair out if I have to hear them all the time! :P )

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind...

Life is a highway
I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I want to drive it all night long

...Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around


Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd take APB and extend it to All Points Bulletin. That's the idea you get the most imagery with. All Points Bulletin: Tim McGraw. He's the most wanted man in America today as his new album is released. Highway 16 tracks him down... cue the police sirens! (John Anthony, traffic cop!) Tim doesn't resist arrest, because he's anxious to tell everyone about his new music...

you get the idea.

Unknown said...

APB is grabbing right now (well not literally, although I've driven from Cincinnati to Albany, NY today so who the heck knows what is grabbing me).

VERY COOL IDEAS though...

Let me tell you what the coolest thing every to have on a road trip is:

XM!!!!!!!!!!

Producer J. said...

Hey! We could name the show Road Trip!

oh wait... I've already burned that one...

Producer J. said...

Oooh... just got a very intriguing suggestion via email for the Highway 16 On Ramp!

Thoughts?

DaveBrz said...

Lets try this again - Of the original I like APB the best but I do like On Ramp also.

Unknown said...

Hey J.,

How about the Highway 16 Raceway? The idea that, which one of these new releases will race to the top, and which ones will crash and burn? ;-) Has that one been taken somewhere else? I haven't kept up with this stuff the last few years... :-P

Zeppelinmonger