Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Break

It's a quiet week around the studios this week, as all the schools are on spring break. Jon is on vacation with his family, Kyle is on vacation with his family, and Music Row is fairly quiet. I had hoped to take 2 days off myself, to get a new kitchen floor put in, but wasn't able to get the time off - Jay Thomas is off too! But I'd worked ahead thinking I would, so I was ahead of the game on all my regular work, and managed to get caught up on a bunch of OTHER stuff this week.

The one thing I did do on the Row was sit down with Gretchen Wilson yesterday. And boy, was she in a talkative mood. We had a great discussion about XM - which she loves - and how she has DirecTV and turns all the tvs in the house to Bluegrass Junction, blaring bluegrass through the house. In the car her and Grace love Radio Disney. Grace, as is Delaynie and every other elementary school girl I know, is a huge Hannah Montana fan. Gretchen's goal in achieving SuperMotherhood status is to get a guest appearance on Hannah Montana.

We talked about the new album and music stuff too, but the part I enjoyed most was the everyday "mom" stuff. I was given an advance of the new CD, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

We need more discussion and opinions on the new Highway 16 feature we're thinking about below. Weigh in with your production ideas, name ideas, what you like and what you don't.

The next stop on the Producer J. World Tour is the international portion of my tour, which has nothing to do with XM. However, I'm incredibly excited about it, and have started a new blog to document the journey. Y'all are welcome to go along with me if you're so inclined.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm wayyyyyyyy beyond being an elementary school girl, but I like the Hannah Montana show as well.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Did ya ever read Gretchen's book? ;-)

Producer J. said...

Yes! I kept meaning to blog about it. I talked to her about it too!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Hannah Montana is a new show on the list for my grandsons, ages 3 & 4.
It's so funny to see them sing the theme song!!
"She has The Best Of Both Worlds...." LOL too funny.
And Mario (3) acts out the scenes in the "picture frames"!!!