Monday, March 05, 2007

I hate getting up early!

Things went well with the ACM Nominations this morning, heard live on Highway 16. Photo at the right is the assembled Live Trucks outside the Hall of Fame on my way into work way too early. It was great to have Jennifer and Christian come into the studio after the announcements too and chat for a few minutes. If you missed it, they had a lot of fun talking about the competition, now that Sugarland is in the Duo category, with Kix & Ronnie. My favorite quote was from Jennifer: "You hear that Ronnie? We got the XM vote. Whadda you got?"

So I did pretty well on my predictions... was wrong on a couple - most notably picking "Come to Bed" over "Politically Uncorrect" and thinking Hank Jr. wouldn't get in. But his nomination means my boys Van Zant got one too, so that's cool.

Keith Urban not getting more was probably the biggest suprise to me. Although I kind of think Brooks & Dunn getting that many is a little surprising too.

The most exciting thing for me was Heartland's two nominations, because some dear friends of mine run the record label they're on. When I called them to say congratulations this morning, they hadn't heard the news yet, so I got to tell them their boys were double nominees!

On the docket this week - lunch with Tim & Faith, two sessions with Martina, and then more Tim. It never rains but it pours!

P.S. 667 Visitors yesterday - 90% of them linked from Carrie Underwood sites. I'm going to have to start making up news about her just to keep traffic up!! :-) I hope y'all are bookmarking my blog and will come back to visit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked your blog eons ago. :D I keep coming back here for the Carrie tidbits. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer looks awfully good for getting up at 5:30 a.m. LOL They were a lot of fun during the interview--and it's fun to know I've sat in the chairs they're sitting in! Little things. :P

Anonymous said...

Well J, if a blog or anywhere for that matter decides to post Carrie information then expect it to be viited by truck loads of Carrie fans. We seek the information out and keep coming back for more!

Thanks for all of the information you give and I do enjoy reading your non-Carrie blogs also. But keep'em coming!

Anonymous said...

J, you can blog about Carrie's dog "Ace":)anything Carrie will do..lol. I also enjoy reading your non-Carrie blogs.

Thank you.:)Keep on blogging...;)

CarrieNEWS.com said...

J, I love reading your news about everything goin' on in Nashville with country music news.