Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Music Headed Your Way

Spent time tonight with two new releases:

Martina McBride Waking Up Laughing - Love this! It's a very stripped down record... "intimate" is the word I'd use. It's the feeling that you're reading someone's diary. Listen for her youngest daughter to make a cameo. I'm really looking forward to spending time with Martina... we have a couple of key things in common. But I don't want to interview her, I'd rather go have lunch! LOL I don't think I can pick a favorite off this CD. There's some really emotional, gripping music on here.

Tim McGraw Let It Go - Strong stuff here too! I would have liked to have had another uptempo or two, but the material on here is really good. My two favorite cuts are "Whiskey And You" and "Shotgun Rider" - both of which are VERY country. You can listen to snippets from the CD by clicking here. Unfortunately... his duet partner doesn't show up as often in the snippets as she does in the album.

I don't even quite know how to prepare for my time with Tim & Faith tomorrow. The show I did with them last year for the Soul2Soul2 tour is quite possibly my favorite thing I've **EVER** produced. Can't we just re-run that? :-D

Delaynie's on a field trip tomorrow with my camera, so I won't be bringing back photos from the day, but will have lots of stories!

10 comments:

Chris Bua said...

Thanks for the link to Tim's clips.

Anonymous said...

I really like the title of Martina's album. :)

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon said...

Dang it's a good thing you let DeLayne use your camera. Who would want pictures of Tim in this getup? UGH

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/15
54095/20070307/mcgraw_tim.jhtml?
headlines=true

(you'll probably have to cut and paste that) If not go to www.cmt.com and click on the CMT News about the soul2soul2007 tour.

AND at the bottom of the article it says 'MORE PHOTO'. Photo number seven includes some of the crowd - anybody find 'J' in that picture?

Producer J. said...

I see the back of my head! And the back of Jon Anthony's head too. And my friend Jason is against the wall, he was on loan from Toby today.

That sweater did hurt my eyes.

What Ed left out of the article when talking about the Carrie thing was Tim and Faith recreating the "What?!?" moment.

More later - I came home horribly sick today.

Anonymous said...

Wowza. Since when did Timmy go prep? And I see they're coming back here, probably to redeem themselves. :P

That's my favorite room in the H of F. :)

J, hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to Martinas new album :)

Anonymous said...

Just checking in quickly and wanted to say that I hope you're feeling better soon. I gather that Gary and Delaynie did share with you. Hope they're nursing you along.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Your Short Cuts (at least the part I heard) was fabulous!!! Feel better!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Emerson Drive ShortCuts!!! Ironically, I heard the whole thing as I sat stopped on the interstate for 3 hours - passed some of the time! :) Great stuff! Love them anyway and not sure why I haven't bought the CD yet - but I will now. You rocked, J! Great to hear you - feel better!