Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Day Off

I took the day off today as a "comp" day for working President's Day. Battle pay for hosting the Emerson Drive ShortCuts, if you will. My goal of the day was to be home while I had a new kitchen floor installed. At one point I had my stove, refrigerator, microwave, kitchen chairs, all of our food, two small cupboards, and my basement door -- in my living room.

Most of it... except for the refrigerator... is still there. I've gotten ambitious and been scrubbing windows and walls and rearranging the furniture before I put all the junk back in.

The stove is still there because Gary didn't get home until almost 9pm tonight (he leaves the house at 4:30am) so I figure it's just fine there. We had McDonald's for dinner.

It wound up being a highly productive day off. I got a ShortCuts lined up for Clay Walker, a Driver's Ed scheduled for Angela Hacker, a Bucky Covington Driver's Ed script formatted, progress on several bluegrass bookings, reconciled logs, photos edited and sent to Kyle, Alison Krauss audio downloaded, US Country logs scheduled through next Thursday, and attended a staff meeting via conference call.

I need to take a day off more often - I get a lot of work done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...that doesn't sound like a day off to me! I think they owe you another comp day.

How does the new floor look? Wanna come to my house and clean? :p

Paula

Anonymous said...

This a how a usual day off works when you are a wife, mother, and career woman. My dad used to say it must be nice to have all those days off at Christmas ( I taught school). I used to use that time to prepare for the next semester, make up nine weeks tests, and put all my files back in order from the first semester. I also would give my house a good cleaning instead of the rush job usually done when I was so busy at other times.

Anonymous said...

I sat in traffic...does that count? :D

Producer J. said...

The floor is BEAUTIFUL!

As are my walls and kitchen cupboards... I had my cleaning lady scrub them all down today since she couldn't get to things like the stove, which is STILL in the living room.

I'm kind of liking the empty - CLEAN - kitchen. I may not ever put everything back.