Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Answers - Updated Thursday Morning

Hey gang, PLEASE don't copy and paste my blog elsewhere... that's bad netiquette. If you liked it enough to share it, just post a link, or a highlight with a link back to it. Thanks!

So... I spent some time with Ms. Yearwood today. Or Mrs. Yearwood-Brooks as she confirmed her name legally is. Part of that time was recorded for an interview that will air Monday, and part of it was not. As soon as I get the official air time of COURSE I will let you know. We're hoping it will happen in Jon Anthony's live show on XM's Highway 16, however, we don't at this moment have the full single - just a 1:11 preview which I presume is the snippet that will go on her MySpace page Friday. So once I confirm what time I can get my hands on the whole thing, I'll let you know what time the interview can air.

A few things I learned:

The reason she looks SO awesome these days is she's participating in a 3 day walk coming up in August - where she's walking 20 miles a day. TWENTY MILES? So she's on a training course, currently she's up to 13 miles at a time. This weekend will be her first weekend on the road while on this training schedule, so those of you in the East Coast area where she's performing -- be watching the roads. The walk, by the way, is for the Susan G. Komen foundation. She did say "we" were doing it, but I didn't find out who her walking buddy was.

Another miscellaneous tidbit - Garth loves her german chocolate cake, and she makes him one each year for his birthday.

My favorite story, that she told us off the air, was that they took the girls to the Smithsonian while in D.C. last weekend, and they got a private tour of the "Mummy Room" which is in the basement of the Smithsonian. She said it was really cool, they were opening up sarcopha... umm... mummy cases. Can't you imagine the girls loved that!

Obviously she talked a LOT about the upcoming album in our time on mic. It's a really great, informative interview, with a lot of news about what's ahead. I actually thought about posting the script, so you could see the questions and wonder all weekend about her answers.LOL.

Amongst the things you'll be able to hear her talk about:

- The title of the upcoming CD. We asked, she answered.
- The process of how this CD came together so fast
- Touring plans
- The video for the new single (yes there will be one)
- Songwriters on the upcoming album - familiar names here.
- The song that if she was a songwriter she would have written about her cowboy
- Not one but TWO duet partners - both males!
- Songbook 2: Yes it's happening. Will there be new music on it?
- How life in Oklahoma is influencing her career
- Garth's contributions to the project

Also, if you heard her on XM 161 this morning with Gerry House, you know she talked about Live Earth. I thought it was very interesting that they were discussing playing NYC. She said they recycle and use the "curly light bulbs" but they had a long way to go, LOL. Me too.

Update: I thought of a few more things. Trisha talked (off air) about the Teammates for Kids event that was held out at Garth's estate last night, said she had to make sure to get lunch today because she usually doesn't get to eat at those events. She was explaining how they hold 2 different events each year to accomodate the hockey players, who can't make the January event. AND - during our interview, Jon books her for the XM World Premiere of her album on Highway 16 ShortCuts, the weekend before it goes on sale. So if you're a Trisha fan and you DON'T have XM, you're just gonna need to get it. I've got deals!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

um... shall I start a chant?

J ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

If I could dedicate a song to you in our current run of Hgh School Musical, I would. Well, of course they all suck... so I'd rewrite one for you!!! Cuz you just friggin rock!

WOOT!

(forgive the manic lish, she's on a crazy Trisha high)

Anonymous said...

Thanks J :)

Anonymous said...

amazing information!

Anonymous said...

Um...updated Thursday morning? Did I lose a day?

Anyway, can't wait to hear the interview on Monday. Our terrestrial station had her scheduled during the lunch time cafe hour and I had the page loaded, but was too busy to listen to it. :(. I will definitely be tuned into XM16 on Monday.

Paula

There is also a rumor going around that Mr. Yearwood may be at this weekend's show. There was a snippet in our Boston Globe and this morning's DJ's mentioned it. I don't take much stock in that information, but I'll be at Saturday's show anyway and have a meet and greet with Mrs. Yearwood-Brooks. :)

Producer J. said...

ok, don't tell me today's not Thursday. Because I think I've got tomorrow off, and if I don't, I don't want to know about it.

You know that rumor springs up EVERYWHERE the poor woman goes. There's probably a better chance of 'Lish signing up for the High School Musical Fan Club than that happening.

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed it is Thursday. I was confused with the title...didn't realize the updated Thursday morning reference was to the update at the end of the blog. Enjoy your day off.

As for the High School Musical fan club, I'm going to the July 29 evening performance and *was* looking forward to the show. Lish, are you telling me that I may be disappointed?

Paula