Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nothing to Wear

You know how you sometimes stand in front of your closet (if you're a girl) and look at all your clothes, and you have nothing to wear?

And it's not that you have "nothing" to wear, it's more like you have nothing "right" to wear. Not the right look, or fit, or the perfect outfit to give off the impression or feeling that you're looking for.

Well right now, I truly can stand in front of my closet and have nothing to wear. Because Monday night, while I was working at Vacation Bible School, my husband packed our bedroom. All of it. My closet is empty, and I was left with just the scraps that were in the laundry.

Yesterday morning, I had to call him at work because I'd been searching for 10 minutes and couldn't find any socks. I managed to find a sweater and jeans. Sure, it's July, but the studio is often cold, so a sweater it was. Until I managed to dump half a cup of coffee down me on the way to work and had to spend the rest of the day in an XM t-shirt.

And that, my friends, was just the beginning of the day.

Today was SUPPOSED to be the most awesome day of the week for me. I was SUPPOSED to be buying a house. I was SUPPOSED to get possession of it after work today. I am SUPPOSED to be off work tomorrow and Friday because I'm SUPPOSED to be getting a house full of company (actually - TWO houses full!) that was SUPPOSED to help me move.

However, the house closing from hell still hasn't happened, and I can't buy a house until I sell this one. They tell me I'm SUPPOSED to be able to sell it at 5pm today - 5 1/2 hours after I was SUPPOSED to be buying a house.

Since my brain is completely fried from this ridiculous merry go round of home selling, I'm going to let YOU tell me what the heck this sentence means. (Yes, it's all one sentence!) Because they completely lost me at the first 5 words:

Furthering manning up the man who last year sold more concert tickets in North America than even the Rolling Stones or the Dave Matthews Band was the guest appearance of Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and occasional Flip Flop Summer tour surprise guest Joe Walsh, who added some blistering electric guitar and a bit of voice box.

"Furthering manning up the man?" I have no idea what that means. All I can think about is Peyton. 56 words in that sentence. Which is nothing compared to the 64 in this one:

With Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates, Chesney’s first new music in two years and easily the most multi-faceted picture of the songwriter from Luttrell, Tennessee to date, Chesney reaches not quite so far back into his quiver of influences to embrace Bakersfield acolyte/LA post-cow-punker Dwight Yoakam’s raucous “Wild Ride” with a furor that may even surprass the progressive country icon’s.

Really.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one comment...KC needs a new writer.

...or maybe two comments...perhaps that writer complements KC in being so full of himself.

Did I just say that out loud?:p

Anyway, to more important things...I hope that all the bumps in your house closing/selling road get smoothed out soon. There's got to be a silver lining somewhere in all of this.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Didn't you have the same problem before with one of his press releases?


GOOD LUCK!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh girl! Hang in there!!!

And that sentence made no sense... my first thought was my Peyton also. :)

Producer J. said...

oh it's a daily occurance... I just like to share the joy now and again.

One down, one to go.

J. <--- who currently owns two houses, I think.

Anonymous said...

sorry your life is so hectic. Hope it calms down soon.

who knows what that writer was talking about they need a Joyce

Anonymous said...

Is it official yet?? :D Sold, over and done with??? :D

Producer J. said...

no

Anonymous said...

uh oh...

Anonymous said...

Well why is the closing not going through? I'll be thinking about you J and I hope that today everything gets worked out.

Sharon said...

ok it's the 'morning after' and I'm assuming that since the FIRST closing was so late in the day yesterday maybe the SECOND closing was right away this morning? (finger's crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed!!! and saying a little prayer!)

Anonymous said...

I think Kenny's a little full of himself.

Anonymous said...

J. Breaking news from Carrie who announced it on her fanclub first.


New single is titled "So Small" and will be hitting the radio the 30th.

Please tell me XM 16 will be playing this on Monday also?

Anonymous said...

Update, PLEASE!!! :P

Anonymous said...

For you J.

Thanks to franklomax at the OFC, full audio cap of DIXON FAIR "SO SMALL" with intro by Carrie.

http://wagonband.com/carrie/sosmall.wav