Monday, July 02, 2007

Up Next on the Producer J. World Tour

Wednesday: 4th of July celebration downtown Music City USA. Van Zant headlining - you know I'm going to be there!

Thursday: Louisville, KY - where I reclaim my daughter after a couple of weeks at Grandparents Camp

Friday: XM Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I'll be in D.C. through Monday night, and am contemplating a side trip to Staunton, VA at some point over the weekend. Although the Statler Brothers Gift Shop is only open Mon - Fri... so if I worked really hard over the weekend... maybe Monday....

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm really excited about the 4th of July celebration in Nashville this year. I always watch it on TV, but this year I'm braving the crowd and going right down into the middle of it. The Nashville Symphony also performs, and the artists each do a song with the symphony. Van Zant is doing a song called "Red, White & Blue", Taylor Swift is doing "Teardrops on My Guitar" and Rodney Atkins is doing "If You're Going Through Hell." Yep... you read that right.

I'll give you a minute to imagine a symphony playing that song. You might need longer to wrap your head around the image of Johnny and Donnie Van Zant in front of a symphony.

Jumping gears here, I've confirmed with our friends at Big Machine that it IS 100% public knowledge and we are ABSOLUTELY allowed to talk about Trisha Yearwood having a new single on the way. Why discussion of it was pulled off her website is a mystery to me - and to them - but it hit the trades today. (How many days after I told you?)

Your July is looking like this: There will be a clip of the song on her website and MySpace page on July 13th. The full song gets digitally delivered to country radio on July 16th, with hard copies arriving July 17th. Song is going for adds July 30th. (But really...who would be crazy enough to wait until then to play it?)

I, however... am getting to hear it July 11th, and will bring you a full report. Now I'm counting on the Trisha fans to be equally as enthusiastic on my blog as the Carrie Underwood fans are when I have Carrie scoop. Pressure is on!

And just because I love y'all so... I'm going to remind you that albums come out on Tuesdays... and not to be superstitious

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the date is November 13? I'm sure Mr. Yearwood may have tried to talk her out of that one.

I'm looking forward to hearing it in person on July 14 and will be really bummed if she doesn't include it.

Have a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy your boys with the symphony. Hope to catch it on TV.

Speaking of the 4th, I'm not going to be able to catch all of the Fan Fair replay since I'll be at a cookout, but I'll catch as much as I can.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh...and Louisville, KY? I thought Delaynie was in the cornfields of Illinois!

Anonymous said...

J, love what ya do on XM, and love poping in and reading your blog, especially when there's Trisha news!! Thanks for always keeping us fans in the know!

Producer J. said...

She is in the cornfields, but fortunately I don't have to go all the way back to re-claim her. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope Big Machine jumped all over the friendly web mistress in order to find out why the discussion of the new single was pulled. :) In any case, we've now been slammed with all kinds of promos from ty.com, her myspace, and isquad! I love Big Machine. :D

Staunton sounds like fun. Let me guess... you'll need a car? ;-)

I'm so glad that GAC airs the July 4th celebration, cause no matter how hard I try, just can't picture Van Zant OR "If You're Going Through Hell" with a symphony. :o HAVE FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th yall!!
I'll be at the Jersey Shore!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about the upcoming single from Trisha! I can't wait! And then again, I can't wait to see what comes from the merge with a new label, new music, new songs . . .! Thanks for the info. :)

Debbie

Anonymous said...

A nice Trisha pic. Is that a first?