Tuesday, July 17, 2007

If It Don't Come Easy...

Sometimes... scripts just flow out of me. I can sit down and write and write and write, and 2-3 hours later, have a show I love. A show that makes me smile when I hear it on the air.

Sometimes... you have to write a show while suffering through horrible pain thanks to dental work you had done earlier in the day... all the while trying to not let your 10 year old know about the excruciating pain you are in because she's having oral surgery first thing in the morning.

And let me tell you... when it's situation #2... and you have minimal information about the aritst... and the one thing you do know is that they don't admit to being married... it makes you a bit cranky.

In general, when I script an interview I give Jon as many answers as I can:

"Where's home for you Producer J?" (She grew up in Central IL but has been in Nashville 10 years.)

But in this case... not only do I not know the answers... I'm not real sure yet in the questions. Which puts me way out of my comfort zone.

Lesson #1 to aspiring country music artists: Hire a good bio writer.

I'm wondering how much better the show might go if I took a couple shots of whatever I can find in the liquor cabinet...

5 comments:

Gaby said...

oh yeah resorting to the liquor cabinet...I have definitely had a couple of those days recently

hope you find some info and that the rest of the script went well!

Anonymous said...

Well... can't wait to hear this show!

Pam said...

Hmmmm wonder how his or her spouse feels about him or her not admitting they are married..... I know how I'd feel....... I'd kick his or her ass.

Sure hope this isn't some one I currently like, cause they just lost a fan.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo curious to find out who this artist is.

Hope your pain has subsided and that Delaynie came through okay.

Paula

Anonymous said...

I'm so curious too!!!!

I hope you feel better :)