Sunday, July 22, 2007

Producer J.'s Treasure Hunt

I'm (allegedly) moving in like... 4 days. You'd never believe it if you walked through my house right now. At any rate, as I've been packing and sorting... I'm finding all kinds of things. I could have my own country music yard sale.

It's also my own little walk down memory lane. CountryCool.com stationary, business cards from every job I've held in Nashville, aircheck tapes from radio, microcassette interview tapes from the magazine, and old video tapes from TV. Really... what am I saving the 6pm news from November of '96 for? It's not like I'm going to get a job off that now. My garbage cans are a treasure trove of country music history. OHhhhh the Music Industry propagand! "For Your Consideration" mailings from Rascal Flatts, Toby, Kenny, B&D, Terri Clark, Martina, Joe Nichols... press kits from everyone from Billy Ray Cyrus to The Oak Ridge Boys to artists I don't even remember ever having a record deal. Also found some cool stuff too, like early XM brochures and press kits, newspaper clippings, and photos of Delaynie before she had hair.

Hopefully the next time I talk to you we'll have CLOSED on this house. Everyone keeps asking me "Did it go through? Have you closed yet?" Believe me... when this deal FINALLY gets finished, the whole wide world is gonna hear me shouting.
I have a small army of people coming to Nashville Thursday to move me. What I really need is people to come PACK me! If nothing else, they'd be able to dig some cool stuff out of my garbage.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to dig through your garbage! :P Then again, you'd never get packed. :)

I can't believe you haven't closed yet!!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Good luck and hope all goes smoothly with the closing, packing and moving.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Praying for a speedy closing. Hope all goes well. Good luck with the packing.

Mary Ann

Unknown said...

Girl - you could open up an ebay store and make several mortgage payments!!! Way too time consuming though. :)

Thinking of you and your move - in just short time you will be talking about being all settled in your new home - very excited for you!

Wish I could send you some virtual movers from here :)

Anonymous said...

Are ya packed yet??? :P

Thinking about you! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey J. Some news for you. Carrie blogged at her OFC that a single has been picked and that for us not be surprised if she performs that live somewhere soon. Mum is still the word on anything else about the single but the OFC will be the first to know from her mouth as well.

Oh yeah btw, pick your MOVERS well. Don't want your belongings to end up in some other state!