Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Kodak Moments from the Cornfields

There's a festival of some sort going on in my home town tonight, where I'm told they specialize in turning perfectly normal 10 year olds into giant alien kitty cats. (Sharon - do you recognize the shirt? )





And apparently, there's a cloning issue at
hand as well... with 2 year olds emulating their big kid cousins... inflating "Copy Cat" to a whole new level.


Meanwhile, the town is also having trouble with underage driving.. compounded by migrant kiwis insisting that everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road.



And despite my previous insistance that I'm not one to spread rumors, there is one spreading through my home county tonight that just cracks me up. And my sources are very good. The Director of the county's Emergency Services Disaster Agency (also known as my little brother, or better yet, Maddie's Daddy) tells me sources on the county board tell him, that everyone is just ALL a twitter. Apparently a very large parcel of land has been sold, after a long time sitting unclaimed (and thereby, not generating any property tax revenue) to a Nashville power couple. When I asked something slightly more polite than "What the hell would they want with it?" I was told it's good hunting land.


I'm highly skeptical, however... I shall keep you informed should I be proven wrong. Because property records are public records.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Montgomery Gentry a "Nashville Power Couple"? :P

Anonymous said...

Oh--and how CUTE do Laynie and Maddie look!!! :D