Monday, July 30, 2007

SIGNED ! ! ! !

9 Days Late... a GAZILLION grey hairs and a probable ulcer later, Josefina has signed her closing paperwork. She has until Noon tomorrow to get her money to the title company, who assured her she'd be looking at a stack of lawsuits if she didn't.

It took her TWO HOURS to sign her closing paperwork. She insisted on having every word on every document translated for her. They finished at 8:30 at night.

While she was doing that, I was teaching myself to curse in Spanish. She's going to get a lovely "welcome to your new home" note left on the kitchen counter.

Hopefully, all the money will change hands tomorrow and we'll get posession of our new home tomorrow night. My mom flies in to town Wednesday (ha - she was supposed to be helping me decorate the house I would have moved into last week!), and we have 9 days to vacate this house. And you'd better believe, I'm taking every single one of them.

Watch this space for the celebratory screaming tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, the rest of your move will go smoothly. Just think of all the fun memories you will make in your new home.

Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Do you have any curtain rods that unscrew, that you're leaving behind? That would be a good hiding place for something that could rot.... not that I'm suggesting anything. ;-)

CarrieNEWS.com said...

It sounds like quite an adventure. And let me be the first (I know I'm a little early) to wish you a Happy Birthday!

- Rich

Unknown said...

Congrats girl! Finally, finally! Let us know when we can pop the champagne cork in your honor! Or you could just use the bottle to beat over her head... not that I believe in violence or anything. :)

Woot Woot!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations J.

When's the Housewarming party?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry... I hear no celebratory screaming!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Joyce will need a few weeks before the house warming party ..LOL

If my baby is a girl we are going to name her Josephine, we fine out thurs what we are having so I hope if it is a girl you don't hate her for the related name..LOL


I hope the rest of the move goes very smooth.

I'm still waiting for an offer on my house ;(

Anonymous said...

Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the imminent arrival! This is the first I've heard about this. When is the little one due?

I'm so glad you finally closed and this can now be put behind you. Maybe Sandi can work her magic on those gray hairs the next time she's in Nashville.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Actually Paula... she just worked her magic a month or so ago. But I'm in need of her again! LOL

Jen... I am thinking BOY thoughts. BLUE thoughts. JOSEPH thoughts. Anything but Josephine.

At this point, I can't even eat Mexican food.

Anonymous said...

If you can hold out until the end of August, J...