Monday, July 09, 2007

It's Midnight Cinderella

So I learned something at about 1am this morning. It's impossible to get a cab after midnight. The Metro stops running at Midnight on Sundays, which I knew. So I get everything synched back up with BOC from our live show at about 12:15am (which they butchered badly and all my perfect timing was for naught) and I google "Taxi Washington D.C." And I start calling. And calling. And re-dialing. I go through about 5 companies, and can't get anyone to answer the phone.

So I go up to the front security desk and ask the guy there if he can help me call a cab. Perhaps I just am calling the wrong companies. Maybe some of them don't work after midnight. Or don't answer the phone for tourists. Or something. So he calls one for me. And I sit in the lobby and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Now realize... I've put in 12 1/2 hours at work today. I'm exhausted. I'm practically falling asleep on the couch. You know how you get so exhausted the littlest things make you wanna cry? That was me at about 12:45 this morning.

So after 30 minutes of waiting, I decide The Yellow Cab Company is blowing me off. So we try calling another company. Bless their hearts, within 10 minutes the Diamond Cab company was at the front door.

Another benefit to my hotel is they have one of those little markets with soda and snacks and ready made sandwhiches. Which was a blessing, because I'd realized on my way home, I hadn't eaten anything but a fruit cup for dinner. So 1:30 am I'm eating a sandwich in my hotel room - and have caught my second wind, so I'm completely wide awake. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 2:20am.

On the bright side, I slept until 9am. My schedule is going to be SO out of wack. I'm on a 7pm flight home, and I can't wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cinderella, did you get any sleep when you got home? :)

Producer J. said...

No, I had to be at the studio at 7:45 this morning.

Anonymous said...

Do you know where Skye Rivers is? I miss his website.

Producer J. said...

I miss him too!

No I don't know... he might have gotten a real job or something. He posts his email address - skyerivers@hotmail.com -- I'm sure he'd love to hear that he's missed!

Anonymous said...

I sent him an email in May but didn't hear back from him. I keep checking every day waiting for that car to be gone.

Paula