Friday, July 06, 2007

Where in the World is XM Nashville?

Greetings from XM HQ in Washington D.C. I've commandeered J.W.'s desk (from XM 10) and am sitting here gabbing with Jay Thomas. The first person I saw when I came in to Eck was my fellow Nashvillian, Kyle Cantrell, from Bluegrass Junction. He beat me up here by about 12 hours I think. Jon Anthony, however, is at the opposite end of the country. He's in San Francisco, broadcasting live on Highway 16 from MLB Fan Fest. He joked that we were getting as far away from each other as possible.

The question I've been getting most today is "are you going to see Garth & Trisha tomorrow?" You think it's coincidence my first trip to D.C. in 6 months came the weekend they are here? Or is it fate? I'll probably be there, I've gotten a TON of work done here already - and I've only been in town 3 hours. I'm told they're just doing one song each though - not quite sure that it's going to be worth the effort, but it might be something to do, just to say I did.

I was originally supposed to do a show live on XM 10 tonight. I promoted it in my (voice tracked) show Sunday night and everything. However... I was informed Monday morning that they were running specialty programming instead. So in my (voice tracked) show THIS Sunday night I'm complaining that I am was locked out of the XM 10 studios. Because they don't let women in, apparently.

Since I'm not live, I'm going to go find my hotel and then investigate dinner options. Will be back here tonight for Jon's live broadcasts, where Jay and I can resume our gossip session.

Update 9:33pm. Had a great night with Jay Thomas. I love being in D.C. Talked to Mary Sue Thwony from the Folk channel for a bit. I'm now headed to the hotel where I'm hoping to take a dip in the hottub. I've decided I'm **NOT** going to see his Garthness tomorrow... they're saying only 200 people can get in, everyone else has to watch on video screens across the street. I can see him on TV anytime - and he'll do more than one song.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me... I do live in this town, you know. :P Do I fit into your jam-packed schedule somewhere? :P

Producer J. said...

Something tells me I'm going to be seeing you tomorrow...

Besides, I have to see you - I have a couple of your movies to return. Wouldn't want to get late fees...

Anonymous said...

Guess I should have read your blog before I sent you that email. :p

Hope everything works out and you get to go to the concert. Of course, a full report will be required asap. :-)

Paula

Anonymous said...

Forgot to answer the question. It's fate. :)

Producer J. said...

I didn't get your email Paula. :-(