Thursday, July 12, 2007

Great Discoveries

I've discovered some really fun things I wanted to share with y'all.

First off, if you haven't heard the Vince Gill / Fruit of the Loom commercial - it is the ONE redeeming factor I've found about commercial radio lately. I heard it on FM yesterday I think - must have been when I was listening to WSIX waiting for Trisha to come on. This is GREAT commercial strategy - it sounds just like a song. Vince Gill, in that angelic sweet voice, singing about underwear. No kidding. I was dying, laughing. And now I've discovered, there's a VIDEO! Seriously - how did he do that with a straight face???? Go Watch it - I'll wait until you come back.

Great Discovery #2 (and it's hard to top baby Apple swimming in the pool!) came as a result of finding #1 - and noticing a link for my friend Suzanne Alexander's blog. Check out her Music Row Ramblings for some awesome scoop from Music City. The whole world is bloggin'!

My intern, Jason had a great discovery of his own yesterday, when he ran into Kellie Pickler, and her realtor, in his condo building. There goes the neighborhood! (Kidding!)

The newest rage in publicity seems to be sending emails with your artist's name listed as the sender. I got yet another one today from Daryl Worley, (and no they didn't include his Playgirl photos.) Coolest one so far was seeing email from Lynryd Skynyrd in my inbox.

Amy Paige has Danielle Peck on her show tomorrow morning at 10am Eastern. Tune in for some serious Chick Chat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So on the FOTL commercials Colin Raye is doing the singing; it it him in the video as well?

Anonymous said...

I got the link to the video in an email from Vince's fan club on Monday and didn't know what to make of it. I thought maybe Fruit of the Loom was sponsoring his current tour. In any event, it did beg the eternal question. :p

Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I had tripped over Suzanne's blog some time ago but never went back to see any new postings. Speaking of blogs, I've given up on Storme Warren ever updating his blog.

Paula

Anonymous said...

That Vince Gill video was hilarious!! Isn't the apple baby sweet, hihi!