Thursday, May 22, 2008

Are You My Type?

I'm O+. How about you?

I got a call from The Red Cross yesterday... it was time for me to go in and give blood again. They are critically low (which seems to be an ongoing problem) and are desparately concerned about the upcoming holiday weekend, which traditionally brings an abundance of accidents.

Unfortunately, the day before I'd been given a medical diagnosis that means I can't give blood at the moment. So, I'm relying on you to be an angel in my place! Here in Nashville you don't even need an appointment, you just go into the Red Cross Headquarters on Charlotte and it takes less than an hour. The Red Cross website can direct you to the nearest location where you can give.

One pint of blood can be divided to bless three different lives. Give the gift of life, and pray that some day you aren't the one in need.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son donates on my behalf as I'm unable to donate. He's a 25 gallon donor now.

Paula said...

We have a bloodmobile (Mass General Hospital, not Red Cross) come to our office four or five times a year and I donate then. I think the last time they said they had me down for 70 something pints over the course of the years they have been coming.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Hope you're okay, J. :)

DaveBrz said...

I haven't been able to donate in a while but there are a bunch of us that donate during Fan Fair every year.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea!

Producer J. said...

Dark hair... dark eyes... must love the ocean...and look good in cowboy boots...

Paula said...

"Dark hair... dark eyes... must love the ocean...and look good in cowboy boots..."

Okay, you've lost me. Did I miss something?

Paula

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing !! Color me confused

Paula said...

Okay, I think I finally figured it out. The title of the blog was "Are You My Type?" Anonymous responded "I have no idea." J described "her type."

Paula

Producer J. said...

LOL! sorry. Just playing with Anonymous. That will teach people for not indicating their identity.

I could have just been cyberflirting with a 60 year old grandma.

;-)