Sunday, May 18, 2008

What I love about Red Carpet Shows

I love watching the red carpet shows (especially the ACM's because if I'm watching it that means I'm not in Vegas sweating) because I get to see all my publicist / record label friends hanging out on the carpet with their stars.

Tonight's ACM show is interesting for a couple of reasons... the Sunday thing has wreaked all kinds of havoc on music row scheduling, as artists try to juggle tour dates with rehearsals and charity events and media opportunities.

Even more interesting is the fan voted Entertainer of the Year award. My money is on Rascal Flatts, because they've put the most effort that I've seen into campaigning. If you're watching GAC's Orange Carpet show (why doesn't CMT have one?) you'll see all the fans were given Rascal Flatts fans to deal with the heat, and they offered a free live song download for voting.

Anyone else got a prediction?

Sandi a year ago we were in Vegas hitting Margaritaville and watching the fountains at the Bellagio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know!!! I watched part of the orange carpet--but not the awards, go figure--and was remembering all that. So much fun!!!