Monday, May 26, 2008

The Countdown is On!

We're one week from our CMA Music Festival coverage. By this time next week, we'll have assembled 3 engineers, 2 field production guys, 3 interns, and 5 members of our air staff. Plus me. All without my usual color-coded spreadsheets. (I'm lost already.)

This is the Pre-Hell Week Hell Week. As tradition has it, Jon Anthony is on vacation, leaving me to deal with 5,000 incoming premium items and no office space while he frolics at Disney World. (I can tell you all this because I say it to him in person too. He knows I still love him.)

FORTUNATELY I am back in the intern business. I have yet another awesome intern, this time hailing from Florida. Her name is Suzanne and she's a mega-over-achiever like I've never seen. I'm pretty sure I could tell her I need her to climb the bat building and she'd ask if I wanted her to do it in boots or flip flops. Now, if I just had a place for her to work! (Don't ask. Seriously. Although I do have updated pictures to show at some point.)

So tomorrow, I tackle editing an MG ShortCuts while Suzanne preps artist info for the Chevy Parade. I spent most of my weekend sleeping (I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I didn't get out of my pajamas today.) I'm hoping I can find some energy, because on top of Fan Fair fun, I've got to pack my daughter to go to Church Camp next week, and myself to move downtown for the week. And if I'm smart, and can stay awake long enough, I'll leave a nice long Honey-Do list for Gary to tackle while he's got the house to himself.

Speaking of sleeping, I think I'll go do some more of that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're okay J.

Main said...

Sleeping is good. And wearing your pj's all day is fun every now and then. I hope you are rested and I wish you good luck for the next two hellish weeks!

Anonymous said...

Hope your hectic week goes okay! It sounds crazy!!

At least you got to spend lots of time in your PJs over the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

You need spreadsheets!! :)

I can't believe it's only a week away. Good grief.

Paula said...

Glad you got a little "me" time over the weekend to charge your batteries.

How about asking Suzanne to whip up those color-coded spreadsheets?

Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Paula