Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random Ramblings

In the battle of the Greatest Hits collections... Toby kicked Dierks' ass. Toby's new CD debuted #1 country, #2 Pop, with 103k scanned. Dierks debuted #2 country, #9 pop, with 42 1/2k scanned. Prom Queen Taylor Swift still taking names at the #3 country spot.

I haven't had a chance to blog about Taylor's Prom, but you can read about it over at CMT.com. I have a couple of pictures when I find the chord to connect my camera to my laptop! We got souvenir tiaras when we walked in the door.

Fan Fair plans are coming along nicely. Amongst the Fan Club parties you'll hear on XM this year: Sara Evans, Josh Turner, Emerson Drive, JoDee Messina, Phil Vassar, Mark Wills, Rodney Atkins and Tracy Lawrence. There's one more possibility and we're doing something with the Marty Stuart Late Night Jam - just not sure exactly what yet. We'll also carry the songwriter shows from the Hard Rock cafe live, as well as performances from the Chevy Stage, and live broadcasts from our NEW studios! (Did I just say that out loud? no, surely not, that would clearly jinx things.) I'm up to my ears in spreadsheets and phone numbers these days.

BUT -- help is on the way! I met my new intern yesterday... she's officially moved to town. Yay for interns!

Busy place here today - Phil Vassar in the house.. Montgomery Gentry in the other studio... ran into Troy in the hallway, not wearing any shoes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J, are you going to be at the radio remote for the acms? If so, I will look for you and say hi. :)

Paula said...

Any chance of an XM presence at the GAC breakfast on Wednesday morning? We just ordered our tickets for that. I haven't seen anything that would indicate that Storme would be there, but I'm hoping he will. :-)

Paula

Producer J. said...

No to both.

In fact, I hadn't even heard of a GAC breakfast.

DaveBrz said...

I never heard about the breakfast until earlier today myself when I saw it on a message board.

J, Have you seen the lineup for the shows at the Hard Rock? I have been waiting for them to update their website with show and ticket info.

Anonymous said...

good to hear toby kickin butt..

if he'd only whip the Dixie chicks a bit more all would be well

Anonymous said...

Why is that Tracy Lawrence song nominated for the ACM's? Wasn't that out a million years ago? :)

Chicks rock!

Producer J. said...

Dave -- Lineup for the Hard Rock shows come out Friday!

DaveBrz said...

Thankks J - been checking both CMA and Hard Rock with no luck.

Anonymous said...

So where's the lineup? :P I want to know what I'm going to miss! :(

BTW, I'm impressed that Jewel's going to be on the main stage!

Producer J. said...

I'm editing Jewel now...

You need to stay longer. I'll make my intern haul your suitcase or something.