Monday, February 26, 2007

And Hell Week Begins!

This week is Country Radio Seminar - known in my world as Hell Week 1.0. (Fan Fair being 2.0 and CMA's 3.0.) What makes it a Hell Week, you might ask? Basically, I kiss my husband good night on Monday and don't see him awake again until Saturday morning.

In the meantime there's a ton of great performances, parties, interviews, and schmoozing to experience. I know I won't be able to keep up with blogging this week, so I'm just going to pop in and make notes and then will probably do a special edition of "Music Row Roundup" next week after I've slept.

Today's notes include:

Being with Kellie Pickler immediately after she met Dolly. She didn't know she was going to meet her. I have audio from the meeting and it's just hysterical. Not to mention she babbled for about 20 minutes afterwords, repeatedly using the phrase "My Size Barbie" to describe Dolly.

Kellie has a red washer and dryer but a black Merceedes. "If you're blonde you have to drive a black car, you just pop!"

Craig Morgan's gold party. Craig has a new XM... he's addicted. Held at the home of the spicy bbq that I can't eat. Mark my words, some day, Craig is going to be the mayor of Dixon, TN.

On the agenda for tomorrow:
Heartland Driver's Ed
Jack Ingram ShortCuts
Toby Keith talking about himself
Warner Brothers artists in a hotel room
Equity artists (including Clint Black!) at a little club on Broadway
Gary Allan in concert!!!

Speaking of Gary Allan, who sings my FAVORITE song on the radio (still!) - have I told you the story of Delaynie wrinkling up her nose and saying something like "I don't EVEN want to know what this song is about!"

I met my counter part at Sirius today. Wanted to hate her but she was very, very nice. I think I could take her in an arm wrestling competition for the gig if it came to that.

Later in the week, performances by:
Steve Holy
Trace Adkins
Chris Young
Terri Clark
Rodney Atkins
Big & Rich
BON JOVI!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri Clark!! Bon Jovi!!! I want to go!!!!!! :(

I'd love to hear the Delaynie story, too. :D

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Putting aside the lack of family time, I hope the fun part outweighs the work part. The teaser notes each day will keep us in suspense until you can debrief and share.

I too want to hear the Delaynie story.

Paula

Producer J. said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

MOVE HERE!

Anonymous said...

I need a job. :(

Pam said...

As soon as the last brat is in college (2013) LOL The hubby and I will be moving down to Nashville. that sounds so far away, but then again my oldest just turned 16 earlier this month and that went by in the blink of an eye.

I think Ty England and Chris Gray (two of my fave "unknowns" ) are supposed to be in town this week to. Wish I was there. Especially if I was there I wouldn't have been at the gym this morning and I wouldn't have torn a calf muscle !!!!!!!!!

Try and have fun this week in between the work.

Anonymous said...

Okay... OUCH Pam!!!

Producer J. said...

Ouch Pammy!

Ty is in town this week, I don't know Chris.

3 out of 4 employers surveyed said that people who have a resume have a greater chance of finding a new job.

Pam said...

Here's a link to Chris' website, I know you won't ahve time this week to check it out, but you really should at some point. He's such a sweetie, sings well and it easy on the eyes. HEhehehe

www.chrisgray.com

Unknown said...

Hey - MOVE THERE! ;)

My money is so on you for arm wrestling, J. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll get the want ads or the job section or whatever it's called when I'm there in a couple of weeks. :P