Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tuesday Notes on Wednesday - UPDATED 9am

1:16am. I'm starving. Toby did feed me well, but that was like... 6 or 7 hours ago.

Gary Allan. hot hot HOT. kicked off with "A Feelin' Like That." A couple songs later it was "Nothin' On But the Radio." Love him. hot hot HOT. Seriously, the most underrated male vocalist in Nashville.

And I know... that's a whole lot of tattoos. But I think I could learn to get over that.

WB Suite - karaoke. Jon Anthony singing Cowboy Troy's "I Play Chicken With the Train." I have video. And I'm not afraid to use it.

The girl singing with him is one of the WB interns. They made their interns get up and get the karaoke started. I told Kim she was not allowed to ever again complain about anything I ever asked her to do. Ever.

John Rich in the WB suite. The man is everywhere.

And then there's Toby. Had a great GRAMMY quote that I wrote down... somewhere. I spent 3+ hours with Toby tonight. Much more to come from this party. Including pictures if you want them.

Big shout out to my friend Amy who found my blog when one of her artists showed up in a Google Alert. I've been outed.

Three of my friends in the biz are pregnant. Two of whom I didn't realize until tonight. There's something in the water.

Whiskey. It could be said that Jon completely corrupted my intern tonight. And Gary Allan singing "Drinkin' Dark Whiskey" was a very appropriate song.

Pictures coming. My alarm is going off in 5 hours.

----------------------------------------
Things I'd forgotten about CRS:

Everywhere you go there's music playing, and to talk you have to shout over it. I am so hoarse this morning.

It is SO much fun to wander around and see people you haven't seen in months. I love this part of it.

The Nashville schools really need to co-ordinate CRS and Spring Break. Because I still have to get up to get my daughter to school in the morning. And that sucks.

More notes from Toby:

The girls at the label call him "Big Daddy."

When asked about American Idol he said the only thing he'd seen of the show was a few minutes of the opening auditions. His quote I wrote down was "Such a class of freaks."

He's going on a USO tour for 17 days in May.

Food at this party was great - as it always is at BMI. There was a mashed potato bar, served in Martini glasses. Fried balogna sandwiches, fried chicken, fried catfish, and peach cobler. Ok, so it wasn't healthy. But it was delicious.

Quotables:

"You can't really count them, they're a TV show, not an awards show." (GRAMMY's)

"The only cat I'm germing right now is Bob Seger."

In the crowd at the party: Eddy Raven, Joe Stampley, Show Dog's entire roster, and mega hit songwriters Dean Dillon, Bobby Braddock, and Scotty Emerick.

I hope CMT or somewhere has some photos from inside this party. There could not have possibly been one more place to have put Toby's picture. Kim, my adorable impressionable intern who was indoctrinated into her first CRS last night asked who had to put Toby's picture on all these boxes. I think she is learning to appreciate her internship with me more every second.

This photo, btw, only shows ONE side of the entrance to BMI. Same setup on the other side of the entrance. That's a whole lot of Toby before you even get in the door.

Gary Allan notes:

A couple of years ago I wrote about seeing Gary at a convention and what a great show he put on, and how you forget just how many hits he's had. He's added a ton more to his set list since then. Hit after hit after hit.

And he puts on an amazing show. High energy, not a lot of chatter, but he's just rockin'.

On the docket today: Steve Holy at lunch... Sugarland at Happy Hour, Toby after dinner, and Dierks Bentley if I can stay up that late and get into the tiny club he's performing in.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Toby didn't feed you well if you're starving. 3+hours...I feel for you J.
Pictures of Toby...I'd rather see the video of Jon.;)

Monica said...

I wanna see the video of Jon too!!

What am I missing about GA?? HOT? I need to watch CMT more I guess.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes!! Pictures of Jon!!! LOL

I saw the John Travolta interview where he said that Toby is a real down to earth person...
Is that true??

Anonymous said...

I love Gary too! And I'd need to take a bucket into that Toby party. ;) And aren't all awards shows t.v. shows?

Unknown said...

Gary is hot - agreed! He's got that intensity thing going on. Yum!

Toby, Toby, Toby... I just... yeah... this is me practicing my midwestern upbringing and clamming up.

Anonymous said...

I want to see the video too ;) I hope you made it to Dierks Bentlys show. I like him!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading all that. If Sam were reading, she would so totally agree with you about Gary Allan.

I think it's unanimous - YouTube Jon!

That is a little overkill on Toby. I didn't realize you were going to be with him last night...and tonight too!

Paula

CarrieNEWS.com said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for the insight!

Anonymous said...

Jonboy rocks!!! LMAO

Sharon said...

I vote for the video of Jon.

I like Toby - takes balls (and money I guess) to create your own company and run it the way you want - but dang sometimes he looks like he just needs to go back to bed and sleep it off.

ummm on your list earlier this week was Trace Adkins and Chris Young.....I'm WAITING! he he