Friday, November 07, 2008

It it was in the newspaper... it must be true

Now that there's a 3 page full color ad in USA Today talking about our new programming lineup, I can tell you for certain that you're getting new music channels on your favorite satellite radio service next Wednesday. And I can't WAIT!

On one hand, I've been in more meetings in the past month than I've been in the past year. But I'm really excited, because there are things being done that are long overdue, and I think the country fans are being served INCREDIBLY well by this new offering.

I can't speak to things outside of the country neighborhood (I got anything I know from reading the ad - they didn't release the new lineup to the staff, oddly enough) but I'm really excited for y'all to hear everything we've been working on. And working, and working, and working on!

I do want people to take into consideration that this new lineup really is a merger - and it's working well. Even though a channel may take the name from one company, it's often being programmed by someone new, 100% of the production had to be redone, the best shows survived, the best air talents were kept, we're making new friends and most everything is being programmed out of the XM databases (thank goodness I didn't have to learn a new system on top of everything else!) So give it a listen before you draw any conclusions. We're excited that our listener base will almost DOUBLE (more than double when coming from the Sirius side) and everything is new to half the audience.

For the record, the Sirius staff that have come over to the XM facilities and had to learn a new system and work for a new programming team have been great. Nice group of guys that have been fun to hang out with, and they take turns making the coffee.

By the end of the day tomorrow, I plan to have everything I'm involved with ready to go for the big rollout on Wednesday. Then on Sunday, I HAVE to find something to wear to the CMA's!

12 comments:

Sean Harding said...

!!!

Do you know if the new lineup is online anywhere? I checked Orbitcast and I didn't see it.

Sean Harding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean Harding said...

Wait, I think I found it. Does this look roughly right? http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=864227

Producer J. said...

I don't do SiriusBackstage... things take a zillion years to load. Try XMFan.com

bll said...

Well I'm glad you didn't have to learn a new system!

Good luck with the dress search.

Jona said...

I'm so glad you are excited about what's going on at your job :)

Oh, the CMA... One day I will go there too... I'm sure you'll find a great dress.

sandi said...

I'm so excited to be wastin' away again in Margaritaville. :)

You always look great, J! I'm sure you'll find something fabulous.

The Duke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Duke said...

I don't necessarily feel that SiriusXM kept the "Best" on-air personalities.
http://siriusxm1.blogspot.com

Chris in Jax said...

Do you happen to know what this surprise appearance is for the CMA's that ABC keeps teasing?

Producer J. said...

Duke in case you missed it when you read my post --

"I can't speak to things outside of the country neighborhood"

It's all subjective, of course, but some people who would be considered "the best" air personalities are the ones who were first in line to collect their severence and move on to their next adventure.

Chris...I don't know. To be honest, I haven't done ANY prep on the CMA's, I've been buried in getting ready for convergence. However... if he hasn't been announced, I'm thinking that Kevin Costner has a good chance of showing up. He and his band are in town.

Producer J. said...

Ok, one more thought... is Jessica Simpson on the list?

Although I can't imagine they'd miss the opportunity to promote Jessica / Carrie in the same place at the same time.

Maybe Tony Romo is the surprise presenter?

I'll try to listen to rehearsals through the concrete walls, LOL.