Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Miscellaneous Backstage Trivia

XM's Production Company - Effanel Productions - is doing the sound on the awards show again this year. So far it sounds great. These are the same guys that did Artist Confidential.

Mary Kay is all over the backstage. The ladies room has perfume bottles on the counter... I just tried some "warm amber" or something. It's quite lovely. I don't normally wear perfume, but I do like this.

Still no winner in the press room. It's crazy dark back here, by the way. We need desk lamps. The boxed lunches have arrived.

Carrie's first outfit lasted 35 minutes. Look for her to be wearing some ridiculous multi-million dollar amount of bling at some point tonight. I can't remember... diamonds... emeralds? Someone google for me.

Lady A rockin' the house. Look for their CD sales to skyrocket this week.

Jona - Brad is doing a fabulous job. He looks very nice in a dark suit. I hate that you can't see it. Martina on stage now (Not crazy about her outfit!). Rodney Atkins up next. There is ZERO Springsteen buzz backstage.

OH -- they just showed Darius.... which reminds me. Jon Anthony saw him at a restaurant last night and asked if he'd had a chance to hear his Driver's Ed episode yet. He said "yeah, it was on again today!" Pretty funny. I put him on so our new Sirius listeners would have a kick ass show their first week on The Highway.

4 comments:

sandi said...

Check out Martina...not sure if I'm into the single, but she's putting on a concert quality performance. :)

Is Melissa Lawson performing? Not sure why I thought of that.

And yeah...the sound is better than previous years.

Jona said...

Awww. I knew Brad would be great!! Someone is recording it for me, so I will be able to watch it in a few days.
But it's pretty cool following your blog too :)

Pam said...

Seems like to much instruments and not enough voice on my tv. Sometimes its hard to understand the words.

Kelly is enjoying Taylor Swifts performance though. she's thinks she's like the coolest. Loves her dress.

Producer J. said...

Probably because you saw John Rich. Does she even still have a record deal? Her first single didn't crack the Top 40 I don't think. :-(