Monday, November 10, 2008

Reporting in from the Sommet Center!

Happy CMA Week! Things are bustling here as they build the Chevy Stage before our very eyes... cardboard figures of Rodney Atkins, Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum are leaning against brand new Chevy vehicles, and 5th Ave. South is partially blocked, so I don't recommend driving by.

I've put the staff here on alert to be listening for a "Special Guest" to be soundchecking. Not 10 minutes after we have that conversation, we hear familiar music start blaring through the arena... and then those well known words...

It's 3:30 in the morning... not a soul in sight...

My intern, who knows almost nothing about country music, exclaims "Oh my God is Garth the special guest?"

Umm... no. He was just the warm up act... on CD... testing the sound system. He was shortly replaced by Kenny Chesney and The Wailers, doing their run throughs.

More news as it happens.

9 comments:

Sean Harding said...

I was under the assumption that the special guest would be Producer J. ;-)

Jona said...

Oh, my heart just skipped a beat ;)

Kendel said...

Haha Jona, mine definitely did too.

A lot of people are saying the special guest is Shania and some are saying it's not. I guess we'll see.

Oh and J, to answer your question from your email further, yes I am working the cmas. I found out this am. I can't wait to try to find a parking spot, with all the road closures and such. It probably won't top trying to find one daily at Belmont though. lol

Kendel said...

sorry to keep posting, but i just saw a video taped a week or two ago and reba sings some of "Cowgirls don't cry" and says "watch it on the cma's, we'll be there".

Now, Brooks and Dunn have already been announced as performers and even though I love Reba to death, I don't think the CMA loves her enough to bill her as the suprise guest. So, I'm still thinking its someone else. But, I figured I'd share my excitement with anyone who cares :)

Sean Harding said...

Surprise! Britney Spears is going country!

Kendel said...

Now they're saying it's Bruce Springsteen. Something with Rodney Atkins. Make up your minds people.

Sorry about all the postings again. But I know someone out there cares like I do lol.

Jona said...

I don't know if it's true or not. But I just read this at someone else's blog

http://www.nashvillenarc.com/search/label/Bruce%20Springsteen

sandi said...

Bruce is country? I know someone who'll have a fit!! LMAO! :D

bll said...

Ummmmm, J I love you, but GB is NOT a warm up for Kenny Chesney, even on CD.