Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Joy to the World

Now that Halloween is over, I've decided I'm going to decorate the studio for Christmas. It's about time, don't you think?

Ok, I have a good reason for listening to Christmas music tonight, and stringing up Christmas lights tomorrow... Faith Hill is coming in to record a ShortCuts for her new Christmas CD, Joy to the World.

As my husband (who deep down inside I'm quite certain would have preferred that I'd taken the merger severence package) was grumbling tonight over my coming home only to work some more, I blared the title track through the house. "Joy to the World" (the church organ version, not Faith's) was our wedding recessional, 15 years ago next month.

6 comments:

Sean Harding said...

It's a little early for Christmas, but I've been enjoying that album. Did you go to the listening party for it back in June? That was early for Christmas, but the peppermint ice cream made me feel it anyway ;-)

Producer J. said...

No I didn't, that was fan fair week and we were slammed.

What's your favorite track?

Sean Harding said...

Probably "A Baby Changes Everything" followed by "Winter Wonderland."

Jona said...

I think I need to hear that album...
I wanna decorate for Christmas too!! But I have told myself to be patient and wait until December 1. I even got new curtains for the kitchen.

Producer J. said...

You have Christmas Curtains?

Now THAT is some serious holiday spirit!

Jona said...

LOL yep! But just in the kitchen. :) I love Christmas.