Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Brushes With Fame

I'm home. And suddenly, I have all kinds of energy, despite running on very little sleep.

My first brush with fame du jour came in the XM Cafeteria this morning. I'm waiting on my scrambled eggs, and I look over and see a guy in khaki's and a sweater who looks familiar. The conversation I had in my head went something like this:

"Gosh, that guy looks like the guy... what was his name... used to see him on the news channels all the time.... James someone... worked for Clinton... James... James... married to the republican who had a name like Marlee Matlin but she's not as pretty... Carlin? Carville. James Carville. How funny. Really looks like him. Wonder what James Carville is doing now."

Umm... well genious, that would be a radio show, for some satellite company based out of the nation's capitol.

My second brush with fame was my own. Or nearly my own. I discovered that I appear in a photo with Vince on Wire Image. Captioned and everything. However... they managed to spell my name wrong. Not only wrong, but wrong in a way I've never seen it wrong before.



Allow me to introduce you to our country crew: Jay Thomas (H16) Dan Dixon (10) Jon Anthony (H16) Marty Fitzpatrick (12) Vince, Me, Kyle Cantrell (14).

For the record - we're standing in front of the couch I slept on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...James Carville and his wife were here in Wichita tonight speaking at a political dinner! :)

Producer J. said...

How cool! I had him for breakfast, you had him for dinner!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sharing is good! :)

Producer J. said...

By the way - I'm going to Kansas City this weekend - any suggestions for what to do there in the middle of winter?

:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice... couch? :P Actually, great picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I only know summer things to do in KC! I would say sleep, sleep, and more sleep, but that's just me. :) We have gone to Cabela's in the winter....but that bores me to death.